Flag Day (Mexico)
Purim (Commence at sundown)

No mention of George Washington.

One of the "Old White Men," I suppose!

ellis

·
Super Moderator
165 Posts
The observance of Washington's and Lincoln's birthdays were combined in 1971 into President's Day, as part of the Uniform Monday Holiday Act. For those of you keeping score at home, that was fifty years ago.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The observance of Washington's and Lincoln's birthdays were combined in 1971 into President's Day, as part of the Uniform Monday Holiday Act. For those of you keeping score at home, that was fifty years ago.
Youd think they'd at least mention the birthday of one of the most influential people in our countries history.

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Youd think they'd at least mention the birthday of one of the most influential people in our countries history.
Most years, I can recall it being done. In the television news, occasionally in the print newspapers.

But this past year (2020+) has been strange in every regard, so it doesn't really surprise me that one person's birthday from 300yrs ago would sit on the back burner while the other stuff remained in the news.

A tip o' the hat to ol' George.

·
Registered
311 Posts
And who would have ever thought some of the free people he helped provide a country for them to live free in, think he was "politically incorrect" and a bad person. Maybe they should go live in England.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
If he was around today,he would be sharing a cell without bail just like scapegoat Richard Barnett.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts