FBI Puts in Bid for Mega Rifles!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Bigcountry02, May 14, 2010.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Anzio 20mm Vulcan Rifle (actually a cannon) with a 49″ barrel and a suppressor. The monster has a 5000 yard maximum range and costs about $12,000. It looks like something designed for combat in a war zone.

Anzio Ironworks specializes in high quality 50 BMG Rifles and Ammunition.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9NxHj1R04g&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Mag-Fed 20MM Rifle with Suppressor[/ame]

The FBI has placed a bid for two Anzios:

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) intends to award a non-competitive, sole source purchase order to Anzio Ironworks Corporation, 1905 16th Street N, St. Petersburg, FL 33704 for two (2) Magfed 20mm Rifles and accessories in accordance with FAR 6.302-1, only one responsible source and no other supplies or services will satisfy agency requirements.

The FBI intends to procure the following items:

Magfed 20mm Rifle with Belgian Camo Overcoat finish. Includes bipod, brake, handguard, free floated barrel and case (Qty: 1 each)

Magfed 20mm Rifle with Navy NWV Camo Duracoat finish. Includes bipod, brake, handguard, free floated barrel and case (Qty: 1 each)

Non-firing bolt assemblies (Qty: 2 each)

Extra magazines (Qty: 4 each)

Suppressors in 20mm (Qty: 2 each)

Two is not an arsenal, but one has to wonder why the FBI thinks it needs such firepower, especially such firepower with a suppressor (in other words, a silencer).

Is America’s political police force planning for combat?

Look at the size:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. NPD5946TSW

NPD5946TSW New Member

I don't think they are planning for anything..... Probably a Gunnie in charge of the purchase, wanting a couple of them to T&E..... Hell, If I had the dough, I'd buy three!!

3. Bigcountry02

Additional pics:

[​IMG]
    From left to right: .223, .338 lapua, 50BMG, 20MM Vulcan

[​IMG]
    20mm with suppressor at 2007 Shot Show

4. Bigcountry02

Price ONLY $11,900* Single shot in $9800 :eek: Too expensive for my blood!

5. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

20MM ammo is available in a variety of configurations, including High Explosive Incendiary (HEI) and DU Sabot. A weapon that large is a defensive piece, which makes me even more concerned. You don't take it on patrol, you place it at the most effective apex and you protect it like Fort Knox. I used to tell my guys that 20mm doesn't make holes, it makes halves.
    It is my hope that their intended use would be counter-terrorism, but I figure that some schmucks at the FBI found some unspent tax dollars and decided to build a T&E program around it which will end up with two retirees owning souvenir Mega-rifles.

6. Yunus

Yunus New Member

oh come on, if you had the ability to purchase one of these for "work related purposes" tell me you wouldn't? I'm not suggesting it's a good use of tax money but I am saying, how many of us would look at this purchase order and not think to ourselves, I'm going to approve this so I can take a shot or two.

7. freefall

freefall New Member

Gosh I wonder if I could convince my boss at the plumbing shop we need one?

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I find it hard to believe the FBI is actually going to "field" these rifles.

Even with the best of conditions, anything beyond about 200 yards takes an act of God for a greenlight.

With that rifle, not that it is not a great weapon platform, but the over-penetration possibilities would have ANY Attorney General wringing their hands until they bled prior to giving the order to shoot.

And no Yunus, if I had the chance to spend that kind of money on a long range rifle, I would not choose this rifle as my first choice. Or my third choice. :rolleyes:

JD

9. SeanCucf

SeanCucf New Member

That place is only a couple blocks from my office....interesting. Gonna have to check that out.:cool:

10. Bigcountry02

If they were in Albuquerque or Santa Fe; I would be the fly on the wall (never leave). :D

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

The FBI has always been envious, since they have no artillery on call.

They have to request that from the LAPD. :eek:

12. NPD5946TSW

NPD5946TSW New Member

^^^^^ hahahahahaha!!!!

13. doctherock

doctherock New Member

maybee they can post them at the mexican border.

14. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Or use it as a "One Shot, Three Kill+" pirate gun.

* damn seals *