FBI posers

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JD1969, Sep 20, 2012.

1. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Something I notice every now and again. What I assume are regular civilians wearing an FBI hat or similar government agency. Do these people wear these to appear to be a bad ***? I happen to be friends with two FBI agents and they NEVER wear anything that says FBI (other than at work). What is the point of being a poser like that? Worst I ever saw was a fat, wanna be, tough guy wearing a SEAL t shirt. I asked if he was ever in the Navy and he said no, I just rolled my eyes and walked away.

2. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Ya people wanna look BA.
    It happens all the time at my school.
    People wearing hats and shirts acting like they are a seal.
    It's even more hilarious when you go for a high five and slap them instead. And then they hahahahah um excuse that then they aahahahah i cant get through hahahahah they tear up and shuffle away hahaha i have done this 3 times this year :D

3. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Posers suck. But that said, I know a lot of younger guys wear FBI gear because it stands for 'Female Body Inspector'.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I wear Larue and NHC shirts/hats all the time and I don't work for them. I do own their products, which is how I got the shirts & hats...:cool:

But I do agree with your point. If you are going to wear something indicating an elite level of training, even something like MENSA or NASA, you should have actually DONE it.

JD

5. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Laurie and NHC are companies that sell their product for a profit, and for advertising. It's expected that you wear Magpul shirts if you want.

A Navy SEAL shirt? Are the SEALs seeing that profit? I doubt it. Besides, when you wear a shirt like that, you're claiming affiliation... An affiliation that many people died for. An affiliation to a group that people better than us couldn't even make it into.

Out of RESPECT, people shouldn't wear that stuff. Unless its like some girlfriend or wife, wearing a unit shirt that her husbands in, I can see that.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

My parallel, and I should explained in more detail but got distracted by something shiny, is that as an example of a LaRue shirt.....

"God Bless our Troops......Especially Our Snipers"

Is emblazened across the back with a giant crosshair Mil-Dot reticle.

Now I am not a sniper, and all of my "training" just about qualifies me for dogsh*t in the realm of snipers, but I have been asked if I served and if I served as a sniper.

I also had a couple of Blackwater T-Shirts that I got from a buddy who did some protection work for them in the UK (low level, NOT what you're thinking). I supported Blackwater and what they were doing, I still support Eric Prince and think the guy is a true American Patriot, so to wear that shirt out could be construed that I was a member.

If asked I told the same story, that a friend worked for them, gave me the shirts and I support what they do.

But to someone who just saw me walking down the aisle at Safeway in my shorts and flip-flops? Well......:eek:

7. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I don't like posers. I won't even wear the military's current camo as a jacket (even know I kind of like the look) because I don't want to be mistaken for one of our soldiers. I will wear the older styles of camo though. (I love tiger stripe. :D )

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  8. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I've been meaning to get an ICE cap for those times when I need to visit the emergency room. ;)

9. orangello

orangello New Member

Was it a black shirt? Was he perhaps making a self-depracating comment about his weight and the marine mammal of the same name as the elite combat unit?

Some of those chunkers are downright funny, not just jolly.
    :p

In college i had a CIA tshirt with cannabis inhalers association spelled out under it in much smaller lettering. A guy at a Memphis/ghetto asian takeout food place saw it and my shaved head and started yelling "CIA, what CIA here for?" repeatedly until i explained.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  10. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Is it more of a poser than wearing a college jersey or hat? Some folks may be a fan of the FBI. Who knows. Certainly they don't think that others think they are really special agents?

11. opaww

opaww New Member

I wear no cloths, I am not a poser just a pervert

12. texaswoodworker

There are a few difference between supporting a college, and wearing FBI, CIA, Military, Police, or Medical personell clothing (or clothing that could misidentify you as a member of one of these groups).

For starters, wearing a college jersey won't land your *** in prison. Wearing anything that associates you as a member of the FBI, CIA, Military, ect WILL. (impersonating a doctor, impersonating an officer, ect.)

Second, A college and their team does not deserve the same respect that an officer, doctor, or soldier deserves.

NO pics please.

13. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

I just wonder about a lot of stuff. I have a lot of down time at work to think about stuff like this. And I would not put it past people to actually think they are fooling the public. There are some real wackos out there.

14. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Where can i buy nhc stuff/ do they have a large range bag?

15. Tac-Medic

Tac-Medic New Member

Hell I'm a veteran and I won't wear my cold weather jacket cause I'm out of regs, and I don't want to set a bad example to folks with my out of shape a**. However I do think a distinction must be made between uniform gear and support wear. You want to wear a green tee with army in big bold letters go the f**k ahead. But don't get caught with a damn unit patch on an old surplus jacket. The honor bestowed on those insignia if from blood spilled, and that honor is reserved for those that served.

16. gladesbassin

gladesbassin New Member

I wear a seal shirt all the time, but it's more of a fur seal..just gotta make sure I never go swimming off the coast of south Africa. :)

17. orangello

orangello New Member

See! It could've been a jolly's joke.

18. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

When I was in the SealsniperFBISpecialForcesUDTReconCIA, I wore that sh*t all the time.

19. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Tex, you are going to need to post a link to the illegality of wearing doctor's clothes, or wearing a FBI hat, or cammo fatigues. That is a stretch from impersonating.

20. texaswoodworker

If I dress in scrubs, and a white coat, and walk around a hospital, I am likely to be charged with impersonating a doctor. If your walking around in the streets like that, it would be harder to prove that you are actually impersonation a doctor, but it is still possible. (Technically, impersonating a doctor involves practicing medicine, or attempting to practice medicine without a license. If you are in doctors clothes, it is possible for the courts to find you guilty of impersonating a doctor even if you never intended to actually practice medicine)

On the other hand, If I dress like an EMT, that will land my *** in prison, no matter what I'm doing. (I believe it's a felony)

FBI is a little different. If the letters are yellow, you are in BIG trouble. If they are white, they will more than likely leave you alone. They could still try to take you to court, but it would be hard to prove.

As for the Military, I think it is legal to dress in full fatigues, but if they have your name on them, and all the patches, you might be in some trouble if they decide to take you to court.

As I said before, even if it is not a legal issue, it is STILL a respect issue.

A doctor has to go to school for a very long time, do a lot of work, and then go into a career where they're basically on call 24/7 365 days a year because people get sick and injured all the time.

An FBI agent also has to do a lot of work to get into their career. They try to solve crimes and prevent future crimes from happening.

The police have to deal with a TON of BS everyday, and they help keep the streets safer. Many of them have died in the line of duty.

The men and women of the armed forces lay down their lives everyday so that you can go to sleep at night in a free (or at least mostly free) country.

They DESERVE our deepest respect, and I will give them that respect by not doing anything that could be considered impersonating them.