FBI NICS temporarily disabling the transfer process

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by Nmwabbit, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

i am truly sorry you got confused...but, nowhere was it mentioned in the above posted conversations the FBI NICS personnel were not available on the weekends or holidays!

what was discussed was in the references cited above, relate to the Brady transfer delay portion of the conversation which txhillbilly stated the delay was 72 hours when as stated in cited USC 922, it is 3 business days, excluding the date of initiation, weekends, as well as external non operational days!

further, PRIOR to the FBI's announcement regarding their minimum manning crisis causing a workload slow down...the FBI NICS examiner would provide the FFL waiting on the phone a clarification if their customer was delayed or denied.

now as announced due to the workload slowdown in FBI NICS and the those state agencies who provide clarification to the NICS examiners they are slowed down the brady transfer delays could extend past 3 business days, due to nonworking agencies closed down due to abundance of caution resulting in minimal manning.

Further, as matter of MY business policy - if a customer gets delayed...the paperwork would be ripped up and the customer would be told to have a good day...[you read between the lines on the number of times i have utilized FBI's NICS cuz it is a lot - fair!]

2. Nmwabbit

said that...thanks for reiterating it...

3. Nmwabbit

are you?

4. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Why do people refuse to be honest and answer simple questions on the inter net???:oops: If you do 'rip up' their paper work you are doing a disservice to ALL of us who believe in and support the RTKABA's. I have had numerous 'delays' give to me from NICS and NOT ONE ENDED IN A DENIAL!

Txhillbilly, locutus and Rifling82 like this.
  5. JimRau

See what I mean, internet trolls are everywhere. Simple questions only require a simple answer.;)

6. Nmwabbit

sir, with the upmost respect you brought up the question...but remember it is a business decision I can live with where some folk try to ping the system get delayed, move to another LGS to ping the system get delayed, move to and so forth...

if you do not like the answer to the simple question you slung in spite..don't ask the simple question in the first place...as for your obvious display of testosterone generated hostility...not sure where this even affects the 2A.

Finally if you, on your volition haven't fixed the reason for delay with NICS and keep everything in a holding pattern...that of course is your problem...

7. Nmwabbit

again with the testosterone generated hostility and name calling ~ why for goodness sakes to boost your ego in front of your cohorts on this forum? :(

ok jim...simple question...are you an FFL ?

see jim same type of a personal unnecessary question strictly meant to discredit your previous conversation of calling NICS numerous times on Sat or Sun!:rolleyes:

8. Nmwabbit

a point of clarification jim - a troll is someone who responses with childish taunts to something which wasn't even directed to them...for example someone else's post .

contemplate that definition...

9. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

I throw this into any conversation about NICs anywhere: No NICs check I initiated has ever turned up the felon in San Diego who is using my ID. I can find his PO box number before the NICs comes back. They do not discover his existence.

I should mail the SOB a tracking device and find out where he lives.

10. Nmwabbit

one presumes you have a pin now to alleviate the delay

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Is someone listening to 'Saint Alex?":rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rifling82 and Txhillbilly like this.
  12. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

No,I'm not directly but I do have 3 close friends that do have their own stores,and I do work for all of them when they need help. So,I'm fully aware of the NICS system as I've called 4473's in many times over the years.
    The last time I checked,72 hours = 3 days !

JRDallas, locutus and Rifling82 like this.
  13. Nmwabbit

then you are not recognized as the ATF's 'responsible person' but strictly a counter clerk!

But, as previously stated, USC 922 (t) (1) (B) (ii) is explicit, 3 business days which is in fact not 72 hours as you claim, especially since the "Brady" clock ticking excludes the initiated day as well as those state/local holidays, Saturday & Sunday, or per the new FBI NICS edict: whenever the state level agency is closed!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  14. JimRau

I don't know why you are so hung up on the 72 hr thing. Every delay I have been given they tell be on what date I can complete the transaction if I do not hear from them and I write it on the 4473. And I am an old fart so testosterone is what I still wish I had!!:p I just did two NICS checks today and they went right thru.:)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    locutus likes this.
  15. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

I’m not sure he even knows what he’s posting

Txhillbilly, Oldoutlaw and JimRau like this.
  16. Nmwabbit

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
    My, oh, my, what a wonderful day
    Plenty of sunshine headin' my way
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay!

Mister Bluebird's on my shoulder
    It's the truth, it's "actch'll"
    Everything is "satisfactch'll"

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
    Wonderful feeling, wonderful day!
    Yes, sir...

17. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

wabbit, you must be a heck of a tough guy. I don't know you or much care about this topic, and I'm a pretty affable person, but you make the toe of my boot itch.

austin92 and Oldoutlaw like this.
  18. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

This is why I buy my guns off of Armslist in gas station parking lots... just like God intended.

Nmwabbit, Oldoutlaw and Rifling82 like this.
  19. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep, so is mine.

Rifling82 likes this.
  20. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Wabbit.... do you even own guns?

JRDallas and Oldoutlaw like this.