FBI Investigating Death Of Man In Police Custody

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by alsaqr, May 26, 2020.

1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  2. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Again. , no prejeduce on my part. Not going to list all the reasons that is a ridiculous claim.
    Ok. You DID see where the city autopsy tried to cover up the guy was,asphyxiated which anybody fairly familiar with such things knew. And an independent autopsy proved it.

Yes the cops involved started this whole mess by killing a n I'll n resisting, handcuffed guy , slowly , over a fake twenty he probably didnt even know was fake. Now if you want to lump yourself in with those thin blue line gents be my guest. Cuz that was no accident my friend.

The looters and burners need to be corralled I agree.

But there wasnt a riot or even a protest when this guy was murdered.
    Wasnt one when three idiots with badges busted in a door In Louisville, in unmarked cars and plain clothes no less , got legally shot at and killed a EMT in her bed . No drugs. No reason to be there as one of them lied to get the no knock.

So I'd beg to differ ,on the whole nationwide , as to who is the biggest threat to folks at home in their jammies

Riots happen every six months or a year at most.
    Folks getting killed by cops when they shouldnt have? A bit more often than that.

Doesnt make me prejudice against cops.
    Just not a dyed in the wool defender of corrupt or incompetent ones when they kill somebody they shouldnt have .
    Or toss 10 year olds across school rooms etc etc etc.

Nmwabbit likes this.

3. Ghost1958

Just a question I'm sure you wont answer.
    Rioters should be shot. Ok . Let's go for that and watch all the police station houses go up in flames instead of one. But I'm good for the attempt, go for it.

Now should the cop plainly taking 8 min to kill an unresisting subdued cuffed , proned and bleeding person by suffocation have been shot off the top of the guy he was murdering like a citizen killing someone the same way should a d possibly would have been?

Nmwabbit likes this.
  4. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I understand that thinking i thought it myself many times, but who decides who are rioters and who are peaceful demonstrates. They shot at rioters here turned out some were not, it turned them into martyrs and increase the violence.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Nmwabbit likes this.
  5. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I think you got that backwards, the family SPONSORED post was trying to get more ammo for their civil suit $$$$$$$! I will take the medical examiners over one prejudiced by $$$$$$. You obviously are no telling us the truth about you having any experience in LE if you think that what I said is rediculas. Come clean with us please.

6. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Thank you for proving my point beyond any show of a doubt.:) You have totally lost it.:( You have no concept of the real world. To compare what happened to the man who died in police custody to those who are looting and burning is to unrealistic to even address.:rolleyes: But yes it would have be appropriate for SOMEONE to intervene and stop the officer from using to much force to restrain Floyd, but not to shot him.:rolleyes:

Mercator likes this.
  7. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Well-Known Member

From what I under stand, Mr Floyd was buzzed on something.
    Drunk or high?
    Police arrest drunks every day.
    What I do know is people under the influence they need special handling.
    Also know in past people under the influence have been know to expire rather easily during arrest.

Im thinking police all train at certain schools that teach heavy handed tactics(they all drink the law enforcement KoolAid)
    They should have a protocol for dealing with people under the influence, have a buddy system (oversight) for hauling in drunks without roughing them up let alone killing them.

Its a tough thankless job.
    In one case I heard tell, the police in my town needed 5 officers to restrain a single teen age girl to get her strapped into a board like device in the jail due to her violent behaviour.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  8. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

-- We in LE use violence daily
    -- We have to overcome violence with violence, just common sense...
    -- we sometimes don't get it right...
    -- they should be shot...
    -- they are more of a danger to ALL OF US...
    -- our way of live than any Muslim extremist will ever be

this inflammatory rhetoric from autocratic blue brotherhood privileged segment of our society JimRau is presenting is why american citizens are expressing their displeasure towards the "WE" incorrigible overseers...

there is a point where organizational defensive statements are needed but the call for premeditated homicide goes against our very way of life in this country...

quite a disappointing commentary from you...

alsaqr, Ghost1958 and jigs-n-fixture like this.
  9. Nmwabbit

and your understand of Mr. Floyd's 'buzzed on something' is cited -- where?

10. Ghost1958

Dont recall seeing that on the independent autopsy. Or even specifically mentioned on the city one but I could be wrong.

The officer and the victim worked together as security at the same bar for year .

11. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

12. Nmwabbit

I'll take external medical examiners over one of the good olde fellows who can assure the cause of death can swing the way the overseers wish it to go...

Ghost1958 likes this.
  13. Ghost1958

Well Jim if I had made such a comparison I'd agree with you that I had lost it. However once your knees stop jerking go back and reread my post you'll see I didnt .

I will make this comparison however. Now.
    Not sure which is worse on an individual basis.
    A looter or rioter. Or a murderer.

14. Ghost1958

Homicide is murder and is investigated as murder, charged as murder.
    There are a host of deaths with human involvement not ruled as homicide by autopsy.

15. Ghost1958

I think alot of what you claim about LE is suspect. Cause much of it is simply wrong from a LE standpoint. Maybe you should come clean??

As far as coming clean, I have about the number of years , and number of depts.

I simply don't feel the need to introduce myself as " We in LE " every other post.

Honestly I've never known a cop active or retired so anxious to pronounce his or her profession nearly as much.

And trust me. I know ALOT of active and retired cops. City county state and Fed from multiple states.
    Only met one active duty cop at our bike rally in all those years from out of state that felt the need to hook his badge on his belt . He also felt the need to be a total drunken *** .
    Which was why he was thrown out of the gate.

16. Ghost1958

primer1 and alsaqr like this.
  17. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Ghost you have it wrong, as do most folks.

A homicide requires only a volitional act by another person that results in death, and thus a homicide may result from accidental, reckless, or negligent acts even if there is no intent to cause harm.

Murder is a subset of Homicide, but not all homicide is murder.

Gatoragn likes this.
  18. Ghost1958

Respectfully. No I dont have it wrong.
    I've helped investigate homicides. A death ruled a homicide is by definition a wrongful death caused intentionally by another person or persons.
    It can be premeditated, requiring previous intent, or spur of the moment acts and anything in between.
    Now what starts out as a murder investigation based on an autopsy report of homicide may well turn into a negligent homicide ie manslaughter or lesser charges.

Now different states use slightly different wording but a homicide is pretty universal as murder.
    A homicide is murder . It's only the degrees of intent that vary.
    This case in my neck of the country would likely be defended as a negligent homicide. Meaning the cop should have known that much continuous pressure on the guys neck that long, would kill him.
    Basically stupidity on the murders part but still an intentional act and still murder.
    That defense wont fly because there was no reason for the act. which is why they have charged him with 3rd degree murder.

There are many classifications of death caused by others. Manslaughter I. Different degrees etc

But trust my friend if your ever being I vestigated for a homicide your being investigated for some degree of murder.

19. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Almost anybody shot in a riot will be portrayed as an innocent bystander, and turned into a martyr, because it furthers the narrative. I have been hearing this crap since Kent State in 1970.

This is the problem with things today. I don't believe either of the coroners, even though one is probably right, but both have a vested interest. There is no such thing as a disinterested 3rd party anymore. It is all corrupt.

JimRau, G66enigma and towboater like this.
  20. Ghost1958

You believe the troops were justified in firing on the kids at Kent state?

alsaqr likes this.