Favorite sub 40$ knives?

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by beastmode986, Oct 13, 2012.

1. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

My favorite sub 40$ knife, or one of them at least is my buck 119 special and another decent one is my Coleman fixed blade. I'll post pics later today, what are your guys favorite sub40$ knives ?

2. Werminator

Werminator Member

I have really been pleased with a number of knives in the pricing category specified. Ontario Rat1, Kershaw Skyline, Kershaw Chill, Byrd Cara Cara2, Kershaw Cryo... the list goes on, just depends on what criteria you want to take inti consideration and what role that knife needs to fill...

3. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

I'm considering an Ontario sp1 for my next knife purchase

4. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

My Kershaw Storm II was $20.00 on sale at Cabelas. I bought 3, one for each of my sons.

5. BullDozer

BullDozer New Member

My mora military. A prepper will not find a better knife.

6. Bender43718

Bender43718 New Member

Spyderco tenacious is a great knife

7. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

Was about to pick up a Ferber profile for 20$ at walmart, then it said made in china so I put it back.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  9. jyo

jyo New Member

I like to keep a few Glock "Field" knives scattered about, in the trunk of the cars, etc.---cheap, around $30 off the internet---good steel. Oh, and no, I don't own any Glock pistols...

10. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

A glock knife is on my to buy list, they look nice and I hear great things about em.

11. orangello

orangello New Member

[​IMG]

I like the glock fork better.
    ;)

12. BullDozer

BullDozer New Member

Double dip here, but, a mora, smith and Wesson (any of the search and rescue blades, they are all awesome) a ka bar make sure you get em from www.ima-USA.com.

13. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

Glock knifes seem pretty good

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8JUP1kRWYo&feature=related[/ame]

14. B5Dan

B5Dan New Member

The Glock field knives look nice. Feel nice, too. Not as good as my Ka Bar, but they're about a quarter of the price...

15. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

I'm not a huge knife guy, but I was looking at akabar for about $50 it had good reviews but a few said that the sheath dulled the blade significantly

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

I kept a KA-BAR most of my adult life as a camp/survival knife, and carried it into combat (against regulations). Never experienced this problem.

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

My phone auto corrected "adult life" into saying "huge ***". I thought that was pretty funny, but I had to fix it...

18. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

My favorite knife is a Schrade "Sharp Finger" skinning knife bar none. A knife is a tool that will be broken for me. A baling machine will break your $200 knife faster than a Schrade. When that machine is about to eat my arm off I just want the job done. The Sharp Finger pokes holes in stuff without my hand slipping up on the blade. The drop tip blade do anything from skin a buck to cut out a gasket. It's legal everywhere I go. I stay out of places that a 4" knife is seen as a dangerous weapon.

19. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I had the Drop Point version and gave it to my son. I think I had it for over 30 years.I loved the shape of the staglon handle, not bulky at all. The new ones are not what they used to be. I believe they are Chinese now.

20. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Anyone interested in the Glock knives, Buds has them for $22. Every place else was $35-$40.