Favorite steakhouse restaurant.....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Oct 4, 2011.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Outback Steakhouse...or...Longhorns Steakhouse...Applebee's has a Burbon cajun steak thet's real good...Chili also....again I HATE Olive Garden.....There food just sucks to me....and they don't have but one salad dressing,..oil...If I want oil on my salad I'd go out to the cars oil drain-pan and get-it....I just HATE The Olive-Garden.......

2. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Couldn't pay me to eat at Chilli's. Love Olive Garden, but for Steaks? Texas Steakhouse or Logans. Like Longhorn, but prefer Logans.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

If you are ever in Annapolis MD, try Llewellyn's. Yes, it is pricy. My GOD it's good. IMHO, ranks up there with Hereford House in KC, Rainwater's in CA, or Schula's in FL.

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Pappas Bros. in either Houston or Dallas. Dry-aged beef. Incredibly expensive, but the best goddang steakhouse I've ever been to. And I've been to many.

5. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

outback for the commercial steakhouse chains... It's really hard to beat locally grown and raised beef tho!

6. tqu9047

tqu9047 New Member

I love Texas Roadhouse.
    Also, Houston's is good but pricy.

Tim

7. WDbeej

WDbeej New Member

This is hitting too close to work. I manage one of the before mentioned steakhouses.

8. WDbeej

WDbeej New Member

If you have the $$$, St Elmo's Steakhouse in Indy. They dry age their beef and their shrimp cocktail is legendary. They grind their own horseradish for their signature cocktail sauce. It definately clears your sinuses.:eek:

9. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

10. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Texas Roadhouse. Never had a bad steak there.

11. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Steaks
    I would prefer the home grilled method!

12. Shade

Shade New Member

Rainwater's on Ketner is good. When in Chicago, nothing better than
    Gibson's on Rush.

Now the best steaks are in my back yard, they might be a bit too rare
    but that will be fixed in about 6 months.

Attached Files:

13. 762

762 Member

any steak from my grill is my favorite

i dont eat at chains for anything except for breakfast, they're just selling a name, not good food (IMO).

my favorite has to be the angus barn in raleigh, very pricy, but it's damn good

14. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

A little out of town for me, but The Boulevard Steakhouse in Edmond, Oklahoma is the best Steakhouse I've frequented.

15. Hawk

Hawk New Member

Does Golden Corral count?

Applebees is pretty good and Fridays has a real nice Jack Daniels steak.

16. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

The only one worth my vote is Jocko's in Nipomo, CA. Plan on making a reservation, but even then you may have to wait. They are that busy. Once we waited out in our RV for two hours for a table. Worth it!

17. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

As far as the national chains, I like Longhorns, Outback, Logans, Texas Roadhouse. All good. I like my steaks at about medium plus to medium well. Ive had to send back steaks to all of these exept for Longhorn. If I go to any steakhouse that has true long dry ages beef I'll get medium rare plus to medium.

I haven't been to this one, but another upscale national chain that I hear is amazing is Chris Ruth's Steakhouse. As far a upscale that is only in Central Florida I also hear that Charlie's Steakhouse is awesome. Maybe when I obtain a higher tax bracket.

Also if we're keeping track, porterhouse is the way to go. Not a fan of fat so I stay away from ribeye.

18. steve666

steve666 New Member

Murphy's Steakhouse [​IMG]

19. NDCent

NDCent New Member

Haven't seen a Golden Corral in years, but the location we use to live near had a great steak for an inexpensive chain. Also use to frequent a Grecians steakhouse that was really good back then.