Favorite Snub Nose Revolver

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by DoubleAction, May 5, 2008.

1. DoubleAction

DoubleAction New Member

Whether it's still manufactured or not, most popular models can still be found or still carried by their owners.Most favorites happens to be those that are owned.​

2. chorst294

chorst294 New Member

It's hard to decide my favorite, as I seem to love almost any snub nose revovler. I guess if I had to pick just one, I'd say the S&W 36. Classic styling is a big appeal to me.

3. npbwbass

npbwbass New Member

I liked the classic model 19 S&W snub. Would buy another one if I could find one in decent shape

4. RONSERESURPLUS

RONSERESURPLUS New Member

Fav snuB?

Hello all

Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

I have always liked and caried the following:

1. Colt Detective Special/Colt Agent in alloy
    2. S& W Model 37, 37, 38 "J" frame snubs in .38 SPCL
    3. I now carry a Armscorp Model 206, (Clone of the detectives special at near 1/2 the cost! Those are my picks, I kn ow others will have thiers?

5. poolshark13

poolshark13 New Member

my stepdad was a cop about 30 years ago, he has a .38 s&w snubnose thats pretty fun to shoot. honestly its the only snubnose ive had experience with, i want to try a .357 mag snubnose. anyone got on opinion on those? ie, whats the recoil, accuracy, etc.?

6. marysdad

marysdad Member

I have a Rossi M88 2-inch stainless .38 spl. It's a great shooter. Amazingly accurate, if I do my part.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

My personal favorite is the Smith & Wesson M-65 3". While some would not consider that a true snub nose, it is the smallest revolver I own. .357 mag, Stainless steel, accurate and controllable with magnum ammo. I have a Smith & Wesson DAO hammer on mine so it is snag free to boot.

If I were to get a smaller revolver, it would be a Centennial series Smith & Wesson. No exposed hammer and completely enclosed action for lint free protection. The 640-1 in .357 is a great little gun. The new scandium model is a featherweight but expensive.

8. fxstchewy

fxstchewy New Member

I really like my 642 with Lasersights but my next will be an M&P 357 snubbie :)

9. moviezombie

moviezombie New Member

i really enjoy my s&w model 60 snubbie.

movie zombie

10. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

snubby

My personal favorite snubby is my matching pair of taurus titaninum .44 specials.

11. seedy

seedy Member

My favorite has to be my S&W mdl 66 2and a half inch. :cool:

12. Ruger Redhawk

Ruger Redhawk New Member

Man talk about a hard question to answer. I like the old Colt Detective Specials, and the "J" frame Smith's. If I had to choose one it would be one of my Smith "J" frames.

The more I think about this I can't truthfully answer this one.There's to many that fit the ticket.LOL.

13. A. ZX

A. ZX New Member

My favorites

i used to carry my .38 sp S&W mod 36, but now my favorite is my Colt Python 4" with a badger grip, fells great in the hand and you command it well

14. RONSERESURPLUS

RONSERESURPLUS New Member

Fav 38 Snub Nose?

Hello all

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

Over the years, I have had a lot of really good ones! I did try and like the S & W J Frame series in a Model 36, 37, 38, as well the 6 Shot Offering from Colt in the Way of the Detectives special (New Model with shroud), as well as "Agent", a simular snub nose, 6 shot, but in alloy, those were good to! I did Try a few Charter Arms "Undercover and Undercoverette" Snub Revolvers in 38 SPCL as wll as 32, but they always left me thinbking that they were nit gonna hold up? I never Realy had any Big issues with them, But they felt cheap and too light to hold up over seriuos use, so I dumped them! Snub 38's soon fell out of favor in my buys soi I stopped looking at them, later, I bought a Taurus Model 85 in Blue and later one for my Wife In Stainless, BOTH WERE EXCELLENT Copies of the J Frame Smith and Had I not been laid off and wife wwas Verry Ill, I might still have those two? I didn't buy or own a 2" or any 38 Revolver till I recently (Last Year or so), saw an Armscorp Model 200 4" revolver! I got it at a time when $ were hard, but it was well under $200.00 with tax out the door! I triede and use it and liked it, but it was a little large for the sort of carry that I was used to? I saw later that they offered a snub nose Model the Model 206 in a 2" and 38 SPCL and as the 200 Model was, all steel? I have owned this Little Copy of the Colt Detecive Special for near ayear now and I have to say, it's pretty darn good! It's not as smooth as my Colts or Smiths were, but it feel god in the hand,ballences well, and shooting is what you'd expect from a much more expensive revolver, it shoots well, and for a 2" is typical of the groups that I expect at 20 yards or less! This one is a KEEPER! For anyone Looking, a 38 Snub is still a Good Pick, simple and reliable, it will do it's job, if you do yours? Close in short range self-defence as the revolver is expected, will do that job well!

15. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

This'd be mine:

[​IMG]

And:

[​IMG]

Bob Wright

16. shank

shank New Member

I second the 642.

17. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, am partial to an older Kolb Baby Hammerless .22- double action only, about 4 inches from stem to stern (Grin- that is a REAL snubbie!) but for serious social purposes, a Mdl 36 or 37.

18. freefall

freefall New Member

I have a Ruger SP 101 and like it fine, wish it had adjustable sights. I'd almost as rather carry my Security Six.

19. Boris

Boris New Member

I have an SP101 revolver, had it for a number of years I mainly used it to carry descretly when train (laying tracks etc., I bleedin' hate snakes....). I have it over here now with me but I have to say, as reliable as it is, and as well as it shoots it hasn't adhered itself to me. Maybe the weight, I don't know personal I guess.

The boys have arranged for a .38 Taurus 85 Protector (similar to the S&W M649) to try when I'm next out......:)