Favorite shotgun?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by dclagg, Dec 16, 2011.

1. dclagg

dclagg New Member

I am a huge fan of my Benelli Nova. I couldn't be happier with it. What shotgun do you favor? Not for a specific thing (HD, turkey hunting, duck hunting) just in general.

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

I was very fond of my Mossberg 500 12 gauge.
    My dad has the "county squire" 500. I'm hoping one day to get my hands on it.

3. BudW

BudW New Member

TODAY 590A1 Tomorrow maybe 930 SPX

4. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

H&K 20g pardner pump

5. lastcast

lastcast New Member

Hello All:

I have 3 Winchester model 12's my Father left me. 12, 16 & 20 gauge. Out of the 3, I like the 16 best for overall performance. I love the way it feels and swings when I'm pheasant hunting. Shoots very well also. For my ducks and geese it's the 12 ga. The 20 don't get much use, just has a lot of memories behind it as I used it growing up as a kid hunting with Dad.

Regards: Lastcast,,,,,Ranger Recon, Class of 67.

6. 75370

75370 New Member

Remington 870

7. 44ablast

44ablast New Member

I gotta agree with 75370, I love my 870 super mag. She might get retired after this season though,the more I look at the remington versamax the more I want it .

8. Slugo

Slugo New Member

my recently acquired 20 gauge Browning Citori White Lightning. This was a special edition Browning which has 30" non-ported sporting barrels. About a pound lighter than the 12 gauge version and handles like a Porsche...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  9. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

The Mossberg 500. I couldn't be happier with it. It does everything I need/want it to do. I have the 28inch barrel for trap/clays, small game and sometimes deer and I have the 24 inch rifled barrel for longer range medium/large game. I also have a spare, old junky 28 inch barrel laying around that I'm gonna cut down to 18.5/20 inches. The 28 inch barrel can be a little combersome and if it ever came to defending myself, shooting a sabot out of the 24inch barrel wouldn't be very responsible seeing as how I live in town and it would likely exit my home, enter my neighbors house and exit that as well.

10. Underdog

Underdog Member

I have several shotguns from remington, mossberg, and h&R. but my favorite is my 870 tactical 20 gauge, it's one fantastic shooter.

11. jimbobpissypants

jimbobpissypants New Member

If you like the Nova, you should really try a Benelli auto.

My favorite is the Sport II.

Just goes BANG every time.

12. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

I own several shotguns and I enjoy them all, but if I must pick a favorite. My Mossberg 185d. The barrel is externally threaded for it's three different chokes, so no choke= no problem. Three shot capacity with a 2 shot box mag, bolt action with a rear peep sight. It goes bang every time I pull the trigger, and depending on where the rear sight is set, it hits what I aim it at every time. Deer, bird, or rabbit, it drops 'em. Can't ask much more out of a 20 ga. made in the late 1940s.

13. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

I have two shotguns that I really love; my Remington 1100 field special in 12ga... best semi-auto, gas operated gun I have ever held!! I shoot that about 75% of the time... AND an Ithica model 37 12ga pump I inherited from Daddy. The Ithica is based on a Browning design that ejects from the bottom... so any lefties, like my baby brother (who is a Southpaw) can have a gun to shoot with me.

Now if you ask my Father-In-Law... Browning Citori all day long!!!

14. cottontop

cottontop Guest

My Valmet 16 ga. O/U. Choked I.C. and full, it is the perfect hunting gun. It has no vent rib and no barrel separation rib. As a result, it is very light at an ounce over 6 pounds. It carries and handles like a dream. Not very good for Clays, skeet or trap as it is too light. But, it still remains my favorite.
    cottontop

15. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

DC,

That is a tough question!!!
    The reason I like several of my shotguns is based on what I use them for. For example, I have a Mossberg Model 930 Turkey Gun Camo with a Model 512 EOTech on it that is great. But I would have to say if I had to pick one shotgun for all around function and use I would have to say my Remington 870 Mag, Parkerized with extended magazine tube and rifle sights! And by the way the Benelli's are fine shotguns! I have shot one before, just don't have one of them! If I get lucky maybe Santa might bring me one some time in the future! :D

16. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

870 express mag. Over the years I have bought acquired and sold several other shotguns. Now it's just the 870 and a relic bolt action 16ga on the mantle.

Instead of owning several shotguns, I own one with several barrels.
    One barrel never leaves my house ;)
    One wrecks havoc on high flying waterfowl
    One is strictly for targeting and one is strictly for NYS deer season

The gun has seen it all. I carried a police magnum in the service and have the upmost confidence with the 870 and love showing up people with their fancy autoloaders.

(I'm not trying to start an argument with auto loader guys or great shotgun shooters, just professing my love for mine)

17. PatrickHarrison

PatrickHarrison New Member

Mossberg maverick 500 turkey choke 2 3/4 dove shot universal for my needs cats dove coons turtles skunks wd-40 cans 2x4 boards ha. Rust all over the barrel dove blood and gut juice on the gun not cleaned in along while its still going strong cheaper guns are my preference!

18. PowerViolence

PowerViolence New Member

No I did not read all the post because it's useless. So sorry if somebody already said this... What is the point of posting the SAME EXACT thread as somebody else? I must not be understanding the concept of a forum. I thought it was for discussion and a knowledge bank of information and opinions? Anyways please read through the already existing threads, this thread could have been a continuation off the thread DIRECTLY under it. I'm not saying you have to look through 5 pages to see if someone already asked this question... just look on the first page, at least.

oh by the way
    http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/favorite-shotgun-brand-53788/

19. dclagg

dclagg New Member

Sorry pal. I didn't mean to offend you