Favorite San Antonio Area Range

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Forum' started by Shooter, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

For those in South Central Texas, where do you shoot?

2. Beefhouse

Beefhouse New Member

Check out "a place to shoot". South side San Antonio, nice outdoor range. Laid back staff. I've shot pistols and rifles there. Individual stalls for pistols and rifles.

3. soldierman79

soldierman79 New Member

I'll have to check them out. I usually use 'Bullet Hole' on the west side of San Antone. No complaints so far.

4. Millerlite

Millerlite New Member

Hi all - I live and shoot in San Antonio. I've gone to bullethole many times. I've been leary lately when a guy was killed (head shot) and the abundance of first timers (gun safety issues - Muzzle down range/etc).

I'm looking for a place to shoot in north San Antonio or Boerne area? Anyone know of a place?

5. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

loneStarhandgun.com
    Veteran owned and operated. grate grate bunch of guys

6. Millerlite

Millerlite New Member

I agree about LoneStar (got my ccl there). Its farther than bullethole - basically new braunfels.

7. dcheez

dcheez New Member

There's a decent range called Bracket out by Rolling Oaks Mall. They've been really busy lately but they're not that expensive. There's also a range, I don't know the name, out on highway 1863 towards New Braunfels. I've heard they're a great place to shoot but just haven't tried them out myself.

8. JigSawer40

JigSawer40 New Member

I shoot at A Place To Shoot since I'm only a few miles from it where I live. They just reopened their rifle range (from a lawsuit). It's a good place to shoot and they have a good staff. I think because of a lawsuit they are pretty strict about how you behave there. They are very concerned for your safety and I don't blame them. Still you can have fun there, just don't be stupid.

9. combateffective4

combateffective4 New Member

Kind of old thread but I would have to say cedar ridge is by fat my favorite they are very strict but with that comes privileges.... You can go down range and adjust you're target and move out closet or further... So you get on the "100 yd" range start off with you're bolts then move it in for your semi autos and your pistols, or what ever floats your boat. They will make you read basic range instructions before you shoot and will ask you questions on what you read. It is very in expensive 12$ per bay. The guys are helpful and have experience I believe they are vets.

Anyone know where I can tactical shoot?

1354676588956.jpg

10. CD Woods

CD Woods New Member

Bexar Community Range - East of San Antonio outside of 1604, at Trainer Hale Road (exit # 593). Excllent staff, great class rooms, and the price is right. $10.- to shoot, and they do not count weapons, so 1 or 5, is no difference. If you become a member, it's $60.- per year, and $5.- per visit. I normally take 4 or 5 with me so the cost is great. Some ranges charge you for each weapon, and that gets expensive.

11. brianramirez

brianramirez New Member

I use bullethole as well I'm new to the sport maybe u can give me some pointers

12. OlJarhead

OlJarhead New Member

Lone star also has a range down outside of Devine on 35.

13. EGuidry1985

EGuidry1985 New Member

I go to lone star at least once a week. Great staff! Range masters are constantly on patrol making sure everyone is using safe techniques

14. Sm3lliot

Sm3lliot New Member

A place to shoot is my favorite if I want a lane, but the bullet hole has private bays to move around in.

15. Sm3lliot

Sm3lliot New Member

I was wondering the same thing for a while. Check out the bullet hole, they rent out private bays where you can pretty much do what you please. I couldnt give you a quote, but I do remember that theyre damn expensive. Not something I'd do every time I shoot, just because of the cost, but definitely worth checking out IMO.