Favorite 'relax' drink of choice

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by skullcrusher, Feb 4, 2009.

1. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

It has been said that you can tell alot about a man by the choice of his spirit. Don't know who said it, don't care and don't buy into it. I've known guys who drink the expensive scotch and those who touch nothing but the cheapest beer. The drink does not make the man, the man is made by his drink and his ability to hold it. Thanks to Amsel for this idea.

So, you have the opportunity to relax and take a sip. What do you choose?

Me, because of previous bad encounters with hard liquor, can only sip the better stuff, but I don't buy it. BEER here, please! :cool:

2. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Scotch on the rocks

On a regular basis I drink aged rum with lemon and Cocacola (Cuba libre), the Venezuelans rums are among the best rums in the world... but when I have a chance to sit and really relax and enjoy the moment I drink scotch on the rocks while smoke a good cuban cigar (Chivas Regal 12y.o. and a Romeo & Julieta Short Churchill)

3. SlamFire

SlamFire New Member

32 oz glass stein. (You can find them in housewares, most any "big box.") Fill to 1/2 w/ crushed ice, cover ice with Everclear. Top off w/ Grenadine. Serve with a cherry and a cab ride home.

Named after a line in a Bill Maher stand-up routine: "F*ck Me Like The Big Steam Piston In An Old Iron Train." :eek:

4. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Gray Goose on the rocks, 3 queen-size jalapeno-stuffed olives

5. opaww

opaww New Member

I use to drink Jack Daniels...Then the Dr. Told me I needed to go light on the drinking so I would fill my glass and show the Jack an ice cube then put the ice cube back in the ice tray. Told the Dr. I was drinking light...He didn't buy it...Then I found out that Jack Daniels also gives money to some anti-gun group I believe it is the brady bunch so I quite drinking except for a bear now and then. My Dr. is happy

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Iced Tea with no lemon and no suger just ice.

Gave up drinking a long time ago. When you lose your house because your dirnking then it is time to stop.

7. Scrapper

Scrapper New Member

For a long time it was Talisker's with 2 ice cubes.

Although these days I am totally LOVING the whole Glenfiddich line. They have a triple wood 15-year-old that is just awesome; and their 18-year-old is smooth enough to skate on.

8. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I've always been a beer man. I've given up on quantity and go for quality now. Just about any dark beer. Sam Adams Boston Lager is my favorite but once in a while Guinness serves me well. I'm still in the process of trying at least one of every beer my local packie has in stock.

I believe everyone who drinks beer should try a Youngs Double Chocolate Stout at least once.

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Used to be fond of George Dickel on the rocks (fine Tennessee sipping whiskey) but I learned it makes me a bit grumpy. Now it is the occasional dark Texas beer like Real Ale co. Brown Ale (when I can find it) or Shiner Bohemian Black.

I am assured my beer will still be in the fridge when I want one because no one else in the house can stand dark beer. If I buy "regular" beer, I might get two out of a six pack.

10. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Glenfiddich... exelent!

In here we can't find the Glenfiddich brand, but I tasted the Glenfiddich 18 y.o. in Aruba and is exelent, soft & sweet... It was the first time that I drink single malt, because always I drink blended scotch... try the Chivas 18 y.o or Johnnie Walker Gold Label they are smooth too, but they are blended so the flavors are more complex... even the JW Gold Label needs to be freezed before to release better all their flavors...

11. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Alcoholic drinks are an acquired taste. I've never acquired a taste for any of them. If I do have a drink, I have a whiskey sour. Otherwise Coca-Cola please......

12. junho806

junho806 New Member

well since i'm only 19 i won't mention the alcoholic beverages...
    ;)
    but i like a can of cold MILKIS
    its a carbonated Korean drink with soy milk in it and it tastes like sweet nectar
    :D

13. user4

user4 New Member

Scotch when I choose to drink alcohol, but my drink of choice is iced tea. Peach flavor, if I can get it.

14. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

I like the PHD pepper but I've been known to sip some whiskey once in a blue moon.

15. chopkick

chopkick New Member

Alcoholic Beverages - 7&7, Screwdriver or Corona W/Lime Wedge

Non Alcoholic - Southern Sweet Tea, Pepsi or Coke

16. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Don't fruit the beer!!! :eek:

17. McNabb11b

McNabb11b New Member

moose-drool-brown-ale-30898.jpg
    Seriously, one of the best ales in the world. If you have a chance you should try it.

18. Scrapper

Scrapper New Member

Blended whisky just has too much going on, and the flavor can be very homogeneous. I like the smoky, oaky goodness of a single malt. When I was a blended scotch drinker (and I still don't turn it down) I lived for the Chivas Regal. Probably the best of the blends.

Don't fall for the Johnnie Walker hype. I hate those guys who think blue label Johnnie is awesome just because they charge 200 bucks a bottle for it. It's only 24 years old and it's the same stuff as in the black label bottle. Apparently an extra 6 years in the barrel is worth an extra 160 bucks a liter...

Remember, good whisky will be smooth and tasty at any age (Although older=smoother), and price does not equal quality! My favorite thing to do with whisky snobs is fill 6 glasses with six different scotches, and watch them pick a Balvenie double wood (30 bucks a liter) over Johnnie Walker blue (200 bucks a liter) every time.

19. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

When the beer is cheap Mexican urine like Corona, ya' gotta put something like a lime in it to make it palatable. IMHO Corona is the WORST beer from across the border. Modelo Negro. Not half bad.

20. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

If you want to pour me 6 glasses of scotch, I'll be down to CT sometime!