Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's hear em fellas. What's your favorite hunting rifle that can take most/all large game in north America. .223 and larger...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
0 Posts
Let's hear em fellas. What's your favorite hunting rifle that can take most/all large game in north America. .223 and larger...
first of all, i consider the 223 a varmint caliber not medium or large game caliber. some states even have a minimum caliber size that can be used. check your states game regulations.

the smallest caliber i would consider would be a 243 or 6mm. personally my favorites would be either my 30-06 or 7mm Rem. Mag. for most hunting situations. most any caliber will work effectively as long as you understand it's limits of distance, proper shot placement and to use the proper ammo for the game you re hunting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
my gpa's browning 338wm or my dads 338lm :D one of those, im a 338 guy!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,652 Posts
Winchester Model 70 or Remington 700 in .30-06 or .308.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
798 Posts
I prefer my Rem 760 30.06. I like the pump for the area I hunt as it is easy weilding and quick for a second shot if necessary. I have a lot of chioces but the 760 always comes through. If I am driving thick brush I may take the old 30.30. If I am hunting the fields the 760 still holds it's own out to 250 - 300 yds. but 300 is what I consider an unethical range for my level of markmanship.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,738 Posts
i use a win mod 70 in .308... if i had all the cash around id be using the .416 barret. but hey i can dream right?
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
2,127 Posts
all around rifle

The all around rifle I have that will take any game in North America, which includes Brown Bear, would be my Colt Sauer 300 weatherby mag.

DSCN0593.jpg
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
axxe55 said:
first of all, i consider the 223 a varmint caliber not medium or large game caliber. some states even have a minimum caliber size that can be used. check your states game regulations.

the smallest caliber i would consider would be a 243 or 6mm. personally my favorites would be either my 30-06 or 7mm Rem. Mag. for most hunting situations. most any caliber will work effectively as long as you understand it's limits of distance, proper shot placement and to use the proper ammo for the game you re hunting.
Hahaha I know man trust me, only reason I said that was so it wouldn't turn into a varmint thread, I understand shot placement and proper ammo are crucial I was just asking what everyone's personal favorite was, don't fret im not in anyway shape or form practicing inhumane, uneducated hunting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dearhunter said:
The all around rifle I have that will take any game in North America, which includes Brown Bear, would be my Colt Sauer 300 weatherby mag.
Love the 300 weatherby mag, my buddies father, and supreme hunter, would be thrilled to hear that hahaha great choice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
94browninghunt said:
my gpa's browning 338wm or my dads 338lm :D one of those, im a 338 guy!
I've only shot the .338 once! Judging by your enthusiasm I may need to call a few friends and head to the range again, it's been too long since me and notorious .338 have crossed paths
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,006 Posts
I'm gonna go way out of most of y'alls ball park w this one which wont surprise them that knows me;)-7.82 warbird or my 7mm rem mags. Either my custom or my Marlin x7m, both 7 rem mags.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,193 Posts
94browninghunt said:
my gpa's browning 338wm or my dads 338lm :D one of those, im a 338 guy!
Well browning we are on the same page again pal my vote is my 338 second vote is my 300ultra, god i love big nasty ol belted mags
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,193 Posts
Marlinman said:
I'm gonna go way out of most of y'alls ball park w this one which wont surprise them that knows me;)-7.82 warbird or my 7mm rem mags. Either my custom or my Marlin x7m, both 7 rem mags.
I knew you would vote for birds of war or should we say the warbird
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,006 Posts
Muliemaster said:
Well browning we are on the same page again pal my vote is my 338 second vote is my 300ultra, god i love big nasty ol belted mags
I gotta take my 338 win mag as my #3 choice......although the Warbird will beat Mad Mikes christenson 338 anyday of the week and chase it around the block twice on Sundee;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,006 Posts
Muliemaster said:
I knew you would vote for birds of war or should we say the warbird
Can you blame me???? And I said it wouldn't surprise them of you uns that knows me Mad Mike;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,193 Posts
Marlinman said:
I gotta take my 338 win mag as my #3 choice......although the Warbird will beat Mad Mikes christenson 338 anyday of the week and chase it around the block twice on Sundee;)
I doubt that but i know it will hold its own but beat a cc arms any day haaaaaaa nope
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top