Favorite Knife

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by TacticalMan, Mar 11, 2009.

1. TacticalMan

TacticalMan New Member

Just want to know what your favorite knife is?

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Purpose? Application? Field? Pocket?

Welcome to the Forum BTW...

JD

3. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

"Thats not a knife, this is a knife."

[​IMG]

4. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

for my pocket- crkt m16-10 kz
    for the feild- sog seal pup

5. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

I really like my little SOG Twitch II. I'm beginning the search for a Benchmade Auto Stryker tanto as a replacement though. I need something 1/2 serrated with a longer blade for work.

[​IMG]

6. ccginc

ccginc New Member

7. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

cant wait till the day i can throw 200- 300 bucks at a knife. when that day comes hopefully surefire knives arent for leo or military only then

8. dcp1987

dcp1987 New Member

my favorite is my pocket knife
    a case
    its got a reddish brown bone handle
    and a one armed mans blade (kinda resembles a straight razor)

9. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

If you look hard enough on the internet, nothing is LE/military only. Those Auto Strykers are supposed to be LE/mil only.

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Plus one. There a lot of places that will sell you a LE/Mil only blade or equipment. Especially in this market. :rolleyes:

Surefire knives? Save your cash and get a real blade. They are marketing a name, not a truly great knife...

JD

11. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

My primary carry... Benchmade AFO, secondary... Cold Steel TI-LITE

Attached Files:

12. TRIGGER

TRIGGER New Member

To carry the knives are part of multi tools. On the collection front it would be these switch blades. Sorry though I don't have pic's of them seprate from guns.

Attached Files:

13. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

maybe but ive never seen them advertised any where but their website. i tried to order one but you had to call with your officers number or service number available

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

HOLY CRAP KIDS!!! That's an Automag!!

*respect* Trigger - Nice collection....

JD

15. dcp1987

dcp1987 New Member

i almost forgot
    my favorite knife is an old ka-bar little fin
    my grandfather gave it to my uncle when he moved out and my uncle had a rough life. He was homeless in and out of jail but no matter how tough things were he always had that knife it was actually the only thing he ever held on to. He passed away from cancer when i was about 11 and he left the knife to my grandmother with instructions to give it to me when i became a man around 16 my grandmother passed away and she left it to my aunt. when i graduated the knife was passed on to me with a letter on the whole story of the knife. Its in a box now and i have an exact image of it tattood on my right leg.
    thats is by far my favorite knife

16. TRIGGER

TRIGGER New Member

You know your gun's it is a TDE / Lee Juras 44 with the 8" upper. The gun is unfired and still has the original cosmoline in side. I was told that less than 200 were ever made. The knives are italian made 18" switch blades with horn grips. Did you notice the mag in the 1911? The SA is a fredom arms 454 casul I'll have to post some of my other guns some time but they are NFA's and I suppose they would have to go in the nfa section.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  17. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I wish I could just pick one knife! I'd be a rich man. Knives are my number one hobby and obsession. I've carried and used a lot, both in the city and outdoors, and I've met some of my best mates through knives as well.

Anyway. My favourite slipjoint is this one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was made for me by Diego Attwell, inspired by the knife found with George Mallory's remains. I use it a lot, the O1 blade takes a wicked edge. You can see some pics of the building process here: Ãlbumes web de Picasa - Francisco - Lambsfoot

When it comes to friction folders I like them simple, this one from Mariano Gugliotta is fantastic. The wood is beautiful and the 52100 blade is awesome as well. It was made for a trip to the UK, so I could have a cool legal EDC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  18. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I'm not a huge fan of one hand opening folders, but I've got a few (I can't deny they are handy!). This is one of my favourites, a Benchmade Ares that's been modified. I had the boxy G-10 handle cut out and replaced with ironwood.

[​IMG]

For most chores I prefer a fixed blade, Scandinavian knives are fantastic for the price. Even the cheap ones work well. This is a Finnish pukko I'm rather fond of:

[​IMG]

However, my "go to" knife for the past year or so has been this one from Mariano Gugliotta. I don't usually like micarta handles, but this one is nice. It's very comfortable. The differentially heat treated 5160 blade is fantastic, I love spearpoint blades-

[​IMG]

When I need to do some serious chopper, the knife I enjoy the most is this golok by Mariano Gugliotta (yes, I like his work, we've got very similar tastes in knives and he's a good friend of mine as well).

[​IMG]

19. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

And finally, the most important knife of all: the barbecue knife! Prime Argentine meat deserves a nice blade and clean cuts. This one has some elements of traditional Argentine knives. It was made by a young bladesmith, M. Yannoni. He has some very nice designs.

[​IMG]

20. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

For a kitchen knife I prefer a 7" Santoku Knife for general cutting and chopping. I prefer J.A. HENCKELS. They are tought as nails and will hold a razor sharp edge for ever.

HK61850[1].jpg