Favorite? Is there such a thing?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Mouser, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Mouser

Mouser Member

I have been fortunate in that my dad taught me the secret to success, and I learned it... "go to work every day you can and try your best and opportunity will find you".

As a result of that wisdom and my following the sage advice, I have been able to accumulate a few firearms in my adult life...1911, S&W revolver and M&P, Glock, Berretta, Ruger, XDM etc.... so if I HAD to pick my favorite, it would be difficult to say the least, but I do have favorites.

My favorite handgun...one the I don't read a lot about actually...is my Browning 9mm Hi Power...sweet gun!

What is your favorite...and you only get one! And since we're not talking about family, you can have a favorite!

Attached Files:

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Each of my firearms are my favorite in different situations. Just like a Mother loves all her children for their differences. :D

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Of the many, the M6 Scout is the one I grab when a firearm is needed immediately. No fumbling with magazines or searching for ammo.

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I work myself to exhaustion most days and I hate it. Why couldn't I have been born rich instead of so good looking?

5. JW357

JW357 New Member

Out of my current limited selection, my S&W 66-2, 2.5" bbl.

Before, and after:

image-2722232540.jpg

image-411626314.jpg

6. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

Colt Python would have to be my favorite, but I rarely shoot it. Of the ones I do shoot on a regular basis the Ruger SR1911 is rapidly becoming a favorite. But in answer to your question, no, I don't think you can have a favorite, at least not a permanently. I go through phases with mine.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

man, that's just too hard. i don't really have a favorite either, but of all mine, the 1911's are kind of at the top. of the 1911's, i guess it would be my American Classic Commander, just because i put a lot of time into making it personal to me.

Attached Files:

8. readygirl

readygirl New Member

I'm like you, all of mine were probably my favorite at one time or another. This spring i couldnt get enough of my SR556. My Dad gave me a SR1911 for Christmas, and i just couldnt put it down for about a month. But it seems like i always come back to my lever guns , and revolvers. I'M not going to dodge the question......If i absolutely,.... no way out..., had to...chose a favorite right now.......It would be my stainless Blackhawk .357.....:)

Attached Files:

9. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

My favorite would have to be this Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk:

[​IMG]

I really prefer the original Three-Screw models, of which I have several, but this gun just seems to shoot where I look. And, it's not bad to look at, either.

Bob Wright

10. readygirl

readygirl New Member

Beautiful case hardening on that heater.....I dont have one like that yet. But ist somewhere on the ding dang list........lol