favorite handgun sights

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Jagermeister, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

What is your favorite sights for competition and/or protection

For competition I chose a Sig with a rear fast site. The name speaks for itself.

For self-defense, I chose the three dot system for my USP.

Attached Files:

• 030.jpg
      030.jpg
      File size:
      19.8 KB
      Views:
    • 033.jpg
      033.jpg
      File size:
      20.5 KB
      Views:
  2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

3-dot all the way :)

3. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I never agree with Hoss, but...

Yuuuuuuuuup!!!

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

for many years i have pretty much used more of the three dot type sights and have become familiar with them for most of my SD pistols. for target shooting with pistols i prefer a white outline rear sight.

after one of my 1911's came with a fiber optic front sight, i kind of like it.

5. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

On my defensive pistols, 3 dot Novak tritiums or 2 dot Heine's,, on hunting revolvers, I prefer a 2X scope. For my big bore revolvers I like the Bowen wide V rear with a white line center with either a big dot or fiber optic front,my old eyes have a lot of trouble with black sights anymore.

6. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

I love the three dot tritium night sights on my 226 .Out of all my pistols those sights are my favorite.

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Put a FOS on front of my RIA 9mm & love it too :)
    However in really dim light :(

8. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Trijicon 3 dot night sights.

9. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

I just really do not care for 3-dot sights - much too busy for me....

My favorite handgun setup is a plain black (no dots or outlines) 10-8 U-notch rear (with a little wider .140 U shaped notch)
    Along with either a red FO front or a Gold bead front.

This setup is far quicker & easier for my old eyes to pick up.

10. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

I'm old fashion. I still like the plain black rear and front sights for competition shooting. I alway carry Birchwood-Casey non glare blackening sight spray. I got use to it while shooting on the Navy Pistol team and never got out of the habit. Helps me line up my sights on the target shooting point quicker and more accurate.

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

XS Express "Big Dot" night sights.

12. mdauben

mdauben New Member

I have to agree. I had a set of 3-dot night sights on my Glock 17 and could just never a adjust to them. I actually seem to be one of the few people who LIKE the stock Glock sights (front dot rear outline) although I am slowly replacing them wit 2-dot Heine night sights for the better low light visibility.

Well, of you are talking BULLSEYE competition, I would agree. IMO for that king of shooting its hard to beat plain black partridge front/square notch rear sights for a precise sight picture. For action shooting, though, I like the 2-dot sights above.

13. Sooie

Sooie New Member

Xs big dot. Best combat sights ever.

Yes!!!

14. 25-5

25-5 New Member

I like the Bomar sights on my Series 70. White U rear and a ramp line front. They are fixed and have been on for forty years. During the competition days used some Sight Black, I do not care for dots, lasers, or glow in the dark.

15. Holmes375

Holmes375 New Member

Defence Pistol - 3 dot tritium - AmeriGlo or Trijicon
    Hunting Handgun - well designed fibre optic
    Paper Punchin' - nice sharp black partridge/square notch
    Defence Shotgun - XS Express 24/7 Big Dot tritium
    Rimfire Rifle - Low mounted 2x7 scope with fibre optic iron back ups
    Centerfire Rifle - Quality scope pertinent to cartridge and mounted with top shelf components.

16. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I'm a big fan of the Hiene Straight 8 sights on pistols. But I"ll usually be pretty good with whatever comes on a pistol when I get it. If I don't like the sights I"ll usually not be too keen on a purchase. I do paint some of them up wit ha bright paint. I've used that Glo-On stuff and had good luck wit hit too. Most of my rifles are scoped but have some with open sights.

17. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

I prefer factory fixed sights. They are simple and no moving parts. Pay attention to the gun and it will teach you how to shoot it.