Favorite Gun-Toting Actor In Movie?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by PanBaccha, May 16, 2011.

1. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Favorite gun-toting actor in movie for me was Steve McQueen in 'The Getaway.' Another was Charles Bronson in 'Hard Times' - in that New Orleans saloon shoot up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkLkPjVsQpQ&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - The getaway (1972). Steve McQueen[/ame]

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Rutger Hauer in Hobo with a Shotgun.
    [​IMG]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssHEAOrAdCU]YouTube - Hobo With A Shotgun (2011) - Unrated Trailer [HD][/ame]

3. jackandcoke

jackandcoke New Member

I just caught the last half hour of that movie the other day. It was very strange/gory.

4. jackandcoke

jackandcoke New Member

Also, the MacManus brothers in Boondock Saints would probably be my favorites.

Now you will recieve us! We do not ask for your poor or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick. It is your corrupt we claim! It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we shall hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, 'till it rains down from the skies! Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace! These are not polite suggestions. These are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost! There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth, not to push the bounds and cross over, into true corruption, into our domain. For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three and on that day YOU WILL REAP IT! And will send you to whatever god you wish.

God I love that movie.

Attached Files:

5. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ldZxQ3Md70&feature=fvwrel]YouTube - Clint Eastwood and his Mule[/ame]

6. freefall

freefall New Member

I woud have to say Clint in nearly any movie I've seen him in. Alhtough Timothy Olyphant in Justified is pretty darn good.

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

It's John Wayne... in any of his movies.

8. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

I agree Clint Eastwood all the way, never really been a fan of John Wayne. Two favorite movies high plains drifter and unforgiven.

9. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Common! It ends here! Pick one.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  10. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

John Wayne

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  11. ScottA

What are you? Some kind of communist or something? ;)

12. sea_goin_dude

sea_goin_dude Member

Let's go get em cousin Andy
    [​IMG]

Davy Crockett/Dan'l Boone
    [​IMG]

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

same. he is just such a terrible actor. flat affect and plays the same character in every movie he has been in. you only need to see one john wayne movie to see all of them. i honestly have no idea why or how he became popular.

pee-wee herman has more acting depth than john wayne

14. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Blain from Predator and his M134 handheld Minigun.

[​IMG]

Although the best scene is when Mac mows down the forest with it.

[​IMG]

15. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

One of my favorite quotes:
    " The only thing you can guess about a broken down old man is that he is a survivor. "

16. ScottA

Do you want to step outside and discuss this. :mad::mad::mad:

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

When I watch movies with firearms I always look at their training and how they handle the weapons.

See if they sweep other actors' heads or backs as they move throughout the scenes. Do they shoot a weapon dry and continue to pull the trigger?

Do they handle the weapon with a sense of familiarity or are they running around with their index finger high on the slide next to the ejection port because that is all they remember from their 30 seconds of training prior to the scene?

As such I really enjoyed Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

The interaction between Pitt and Jolie when they were going through the Home Depot knockoff store. If you watch, as Pitt crosses the aisle in front of Jolie, she lowers her weapon so as not to sweep Pitt's back, then comes back on target.

Her weapons' training on Tomb Raider was some of the most fun on the movie set according to interviews and clearly shows.

Plus she's just smoking hot in that black dress. :cool:

Attached Files:

18. paganwolf

paganwolf New Member

"Do what he say!"

Attached Files:

19. JonM

JonM Moderator

sad but true.

20. sea_goin_dude

sea_goin_dude Member

You sound like a pee wee type of guy there. :mad:
    John Wayne did more for the moral of our military and was a true patriot. He filmed "Green Beret" here at Ft Benning. I was working at a local tv station after getting out of the Navy and wanted to meet him. The film crew did come down to our station but The Duke was not in town so didn't get to meet him.
    John Wayne
    Henry Fonda
    Jimmy Stewart
    and others, Wayne didn't serve in the Armed Forces as the others did but he and people like Bob Hope, Martha Raye and others did a lot for us and I am proud of and appreciate them all. ;)
    U.S. Navy vet

PS that's why they are called "actors" because they follow a script in their movies.

"pee wee" wow you must feel great to have him? for a hero. or "how low can you go?"

Last edited: May 30, 2011