Favorite Gun Quote Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dblcrona, Feb 21, 2013.

1. dblcrona

dblcrona New Member

Post your favorite historical gun quote here....

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

2. RCIC

RCIC New Member

"man or woman, young or old, my sights are steady, and my trigger cold. walk or run, laugh or cry your in my A.O., now you die!"

3. RCIC

RCIC New Member

“You hear the far-off crack of a rifle, your fate finally registering in your subconscious far too late as the white hot bullet penetrates your skull. Another round slams into the chamber even as your lifeless body falls to the ground…”---Unknown sniper

4. RCIC

RCIC New Member

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it , never care for anything else thereafter. -Ernest Hemingway

5. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Umm... Unknown "HALO" Sniper perhaps...

The snipers victim never hears the shot that kills him.

Tack

6. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

”A free people ought to be armed.” George Washington

7. RCIC

RCIC New Member

What do you mean by unknown "HALO" sniper?

8. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Message encrypted - clearance required

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  9. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Anyone who's had rounds land near them that were fired from any significant distance knows that you hear the impact long before your hear the report from the rifle.

The guy killed by a snipers "head shot" would never have heard the rifle's report. His buddies would see him fall... Then hear the report off in the distance.

Not trying to bust your chops... The quote just made no sence. ;)

Tack

10. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

A supersonic round moves faster than the sound of the report. Simple matter of physics.

11. RCIC

RCIC New Member

It's just a simple quite I read somewhere that I liked. The point of putting the quote on here wasn't to be dissected by people who think they know about the meaning around quotes. Not all quotes in the world have face value meaning but a deeper meaning if you're in the field of work in which the person who spoke it was. Ie scout sniper/sniper.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  12. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Participating in a gun buy back because you think it will lower crime, is like getting a vasectomy because your neighbors have too many kids! Unknown

13. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Quote-"Dy-in ain't know way to make a livin",-UN-quote , Clint Eastwood !

"You feelin Lucky ?"........Clint

"A mans got to know his limitations" , again , CLINT..! :)