favorite game

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by easterner123, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Deer

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Migratory Birds

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Small Game

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Varmints (coyote, prarie dogs, etc.)

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  5. Dangerous game (bear, cougar, etc.)

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. Boar

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. Turkey

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  8. Alligator

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

What is your favorite game to pursue? Migratory birds, deer, elk, turkey, small game, varmints, boars, bear, moose, perhaps alligator? Also, what do you use to bag them.

Me personally, my favorite is geese and waterfowl. They provide a very challenging shot along with a lot of action. While last year was my first year afield, I wasn't able to bring home any birds :(. But, my favorite is the wooduck, handsome looking birds. I use a shotgun to get them.

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

You can vote in your own poll, easterner.

I voted for deer, because that is my favorite game to kill and the long seasons. Only shotgun, bow, muzzleloader or pistol here in Ohio.

My favorite type of hunting is turkey.

3. Hawg

Hawg New Member

The only thing I hunt anymore is deer. I prefer to use a traditional muzzleloader but will use the trusty 06 for the long range fields and pipeline.

4. R-BOLT

R-BOLT New Member

Can't vote on this one. My favorite hunt is the one that I am on at that time. Have not hunted gators, but I am sure it would be a blast also. Spend much of my hunting time shotgunning upland game following the dogs. Like working the dogs as much as the harvesting of birds anymore. I like breaking up the bird hunting with some rifle hunts, find them equally enjoyable. Could not live in a area where hunting was not available or the use of firearms. Has been a part of my life for almost 40 years. My grand dad and his buddies got me started young, have held a Kansas Hunters Safty card since 1973, still have it in my pocket today.

5. divinginn

divinginn New Member

Multiple votes for me. Deer,Turkey,dove and small game.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I haven't hunted since my High School years which may have been in the Bronze Age. Then it was deer, pheasant and rabbits. ;)

7. dukech1

dukech1 New Member

Texas Hill Country Whitetail, turkey and dove in a tie for second.

8. young gun

young gun New Member

Elk hunting in the junipers with a trusty 30-06 definately my favorite :)

9. markerdown

markerdown New Member

+1 on the upland. My dad started me as a kid and of course we always had a birddog. These days, I can't imagine bird hunting without a dog. It's often not only the harvest that makes the hunt, ............:D markerdown

10. Donnyj

Donnyj New Member

Turkey, Deer, and Varmints. In that order for me.

11. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

You neglected to list elk in your poll!:eek:

12. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

What about Elk! I just wish the Buffalo were more plentiful, too! Maybe some day.

13. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

is there a way to edit it and put elk in it?

14. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

This is a hard one to vote on. The only prey in the poll that I have not hunted is gators, although, one hunted me once in Florida. As long as I'm hunting something I'm happy. My hunting season begins in August, (early goose) and ends in the middle of May at the end of the turkey season. I begin teaching hunter safety in January with the last class ending before the opening of archery season in September. I'm lucky to have an understanding wife that likes to get rid of me. Hunt Safe, Hunt Often, Joe

15. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Ok Coyote are predators not varmints. Not a big deal in my book but they are different.

You guys can have your deer sitting all you want. I will choose to hunt ground hogs where you have to work for it. There is nothing like whacking a pig at 250+ yards.

I walk more whistle pig hunting then many door in 2 seasons deer sitting. With their bait piles and feeders and c'mer deer.

16. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Tango-now you need to try bowhunting for groundhogs. If you can sneak up on a groundhog you can sneak up on a deer.

17. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Elk are in the deer family.

18. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Bear I do not believe in flinging little sticks at animals. Sorry, I prefer a gun.

19. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Tango, you do realize that hunting game over bait is not legal everywhere, right? You should also know that not all big game hunting is done while sitting all day. Ime, groundhog is much easier to get than deer or turkey. That is just my experience, so that actually means nothing. :)

20. Hawg

Hawg New Member

That's not hunting either, that's sniping.:rolleyes: