Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have that one feature or option in a handgun that is a must have? Something you may not find on every gun, but is a huge factor for you...

Mine is a slide release.

Not to be confused with just a slide stop, a release performs two functions: the stop, or hold open on last round, as well as a one handed release to chamber first round in new/next mag.

I have two guns without this feature and it's simply one of those little things that makes a world of difference!

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Ambidextrous safety and a reversible mag releases are features I would like on all my pistols.

·
Administrator
34,618 Posts
adjustable sights.

·
Retired
13,709 Posts
I have three items I like on every handgun:
Good sights that I can see.
Good trigger
Protection for the web of my hand

·
Registered
124 Posts
Strong side safety only (for non-striker fired weapons) & night sights.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I'm not saying it's a deal breaker, but I've never shot a composite framed pistol that felt good to me. Give me steel.

Aside from the material, has to have a smooth, light trigger pull. The trigger is one of the most, if not the most, important aspects of a pistol in my consideration of it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well, now that I'm old (and possibly in some sort of second childhood), it needs to have a cylinder that holds cartridges and revolves. But in a pistol I like the decocker. Still wish I hadn't sold my Smith M459.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, now that I'm old (and possibly in some sort of second childhood), it needs to have a cylinder that holds cartridges and revolves. But in a pistol I like the decocker. Still wish I hadn't sold my Smith M459.
DA/SA seems to be getting more popular, or maybe it's always been and I've just missed it. I still wish I had one for pocket carry. Decocker is a must for DA/SA for sure!

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
"decocker only".

Manual safety is a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't like single action trigger pulls. I want to be able to feel the trigger move (dao or da/sa revolver).

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't like single action trigger pulls. I want to be able to feel the trigger move (dao or da/sa revolver).
Interesting thought I've always wondered why people like double action only trigger pull. So for you it's about a feeling of more control over the trigger and when it goes bang, having that longer pull?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts