Favorite EDC

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by JMAtactical, Jul 23, 2013.

1. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Currently my favorite EDC is a knife I traded to get. It's the kershaw scallion. This little guy is wicked fast opening and the 420HC steel isn't to bad. It sharpens well and holds a nice edge for a while. I had long given up on kershaw but this blade has changed my view. What's your favorite EDC and how do you feel about kershaw

image-1349297579.jpg

2. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I've posted this pic before in a similar thread, but here are the ones that I currently keep in a cigar box on my dresser and use as edc's, the particular one depending on what I'm doing and my mood of the day.

Moore Maker trapper (1095); Benchmade Mini-grip (I think this one is 440C; I have one in 154CM also); Vintage Gerber Folding Sportsman (440C); Stag handled Gerber Folding Sportsman (also 440C) from the late 70's; Benchmade Outbounder fixed blade (D2 version)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

My $19.99 deal of that day that Bass Pro was running . Speedsafe assisted opening

[​IMG]

4. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I deal in local & Amish produce this time of year. That is a melon knife, an LC9 and the rest is self explanatory.

Attached Files:

5. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Smith and Wesson special ops....

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      29.7 KB
      Views:
  6. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

I had to throw my EDC pistol in here to since you guys showed yours lol

image-4149963405.jpg

7. ThinkFastHolsters

ThinkFastHolsters New Member

I rotate my carry knife between a Spyderco Delica4, Benchmade Adamas folder, and most recently as of yesterday, a Benchmade 1000001 Volli. Carry weapon has been a G19 the last few months with the Shield traded out at times.

The only 2 Kershaws I have found that I like are the Cryo and the Blur. Spyderco and Benchmade are my two favorite. Looking to invest in a Strider and an Emerson in the future just to say I have one :p

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  8. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Ive gone through 2 of the scallions so far. first one was my fault its not a prybar lol broke blade , second one the spring has give up
    The one I use now is another Kershaw Ken Onion.
    I like kershaws have for years

9. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I got a similar deal on the Non-serrated Kershaw Burst(50% off $44.99 List) last week,...also has the Speed assist opening mechanism.
    Well see how I like my New one that i Got "free" with reduced shipping from CDNN sports with my Hi-Cap Mag Order!
    (2 Ea. of 25 Rds. for my Mossberg 702, 10 rds. for The Dw's Browning Buckmark, and 18/20 rds. for my Beretta & Taurus "92's"...
    maybe that comes today......lets see how Good UPS is....

10. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Have the same one. When I use it for work it goes dull pretty fast. I still like the knife a lot.

11. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Ill never know why those baby poop glocks are so sought after.

12. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Really dude? I won't even respond to that its not worth it

13. thatonespot

thatonespot New Member

Just to try and keep things civil, i believe he was refering to the color.

My favorite edc, is a 20$ gerber profile, ive abused mine for about 3 years and it still holds one d@mn sharp edge.

14. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Oh I will. I just get annoyed that some people feel they have to say things like that.. I haven't had anyone say anything like that for a very long time. Oh well tho I am cool. Moving right along now haha

15. jarhead0881

jarhead0881 New Member

16. DrFootball

Honestly NOT a Glock fan but i don't knock those who are...to each his own....

17. thatonespot

thatonespot New Member

You put a gun in my hand, there's a 99% chance i am going to enjoy pulling the trigger :D

18. Werminator

Werminator Member

For my two cents the Kershaw skyline is just about as good as it gets for me. I have about 15-18 knives I rotate into daily carry but that skyline is my go to all the time blade. It was wicked scary sharp when new and after a lot of abuse its still wicked sharp without a sharpening... Light thin and great blade shape...

19. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

I have five I change up through. I am stuck on my utilitac 2. It's a bad boy for sure man. I recommend getting one and they are only like 30$

20. DrFootball

Just got the Kershaw Burst last week...it's now my EDC pocket knife. Also Got a Free Gerber(but hey it can't be as good as the old ones) but it's Made you know where....as part of a CDNN Sports order of Magazines I received today.
    I only change out 3 folders: the Burst, an Older Winchester branded Buck folder, and a Shrade folder. I always have my Mini-Swiss Army, and my Leatherman with me....

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013