Favorite Company for Revolvers?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by JW357, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Charter Arms

2.4%
  2. Chiappa

1.2%
  3. Colt

4.9%
  4. Dan Wesson

2.4%
  5. Korth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Rossi

1.2%
  7. Ruger

40.2%
  8. Smith and Wesson

46.3%
  9. Taurus

1.2%
  10. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JW357

JW357 New Member

New poll time!

Pretty straight forward this time.

What is your favorite all around company for double action revolvers? Think about customer service, fit and finish, accuracy, trigger, appearance, what fits your needs best, cost, reliability, and anything else you can think of when determining what your favorite wheel gun company is.

I'll do another thread later for SA wheel guns.

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't see Glock on the poll. Prejudiced?

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

Extremely. Those black plastic guns aren't welcome here. :p

4. mdauben

mdauben New Member

I'd have to say S&W overall, although I am quite fond of Ruger's SA revolvers, too. :)

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Although Korth is good, I cannot justify the cost.

6. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

1. Ruger
    2. Ruger
    3. Ruger

7. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Hands down S&W. They are works of art. Ruger makes good revolvers. But they are not to the level of Smith & Wesson. Taurus sucks!

8. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

No experience with their customer service because I;ve never had a problem with them, but I prefer the looks and trigger on my Smiths over Rugers.
    My friends have some Ruger Redhawks in 44 and 357, and I never cared for their looks or bulkyness.
    Here is 3 of my 4 Smiths I owned before the boating accident. :(
    [​IMG]

9. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

I think Colts are the best looking guns, but mine has become a bit of a safe queen

S&Ws are nice, the fit and finish are good and the triggers are great (except for the Bodyguard IMO)

Rugers are built like tanks,I think the triggers just need a little use to become smooth.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  10. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

If Ruger is still around in about another 130 years then maybe they can try to compare themselves to the quality and longevity of the S&W and even Colt for that matter. Everyone's first line when bragging about them is how strong they are. OK, I agree. So if I ever need to hammer something I'll buy one. Just my personal opinion and have no reason to argue the point. Everyone has the right to choose the gun of their choice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. JW357

JW357 New Member

Beautiful wheel guns good sir.

12. vincent

vincent New Member

I only own Rugers and S+W's, have shot a few of the others listed but can't really speak from experience...or lack of it...:eek:

I don't think I could pick a favorite manufacturer though...

I agree with Rick about Taurus...left a bad taste in my mouth...tasted like pennies...:p

1982 629...Didn't care for the feel of the grip at first but it's growing on me...:cool:

Attached Files:

13. orangello

orangello New Member

I hope to bash in a baby bear's skull with my GP-100 one day, or maybe my nephew's .44 Redhawk if I can get it from him.

14. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

By looking at my current collection of revolvers I guess S&W is my fav. But I do like Rugers a lot and have plans to get a couple of them . I like Colts a lot as well ;)

15. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

what did the bear or redhawk ever do to u? :(

16. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Smith&Wesson.........

Ruger's are good too, but they are not yet at the S&W level.

17. bargeahead

bargeahead New Member

Had to do some heavy duty thinking on this one. Now need heavy duty aspirin.

If money was not a problem ( in addition to the wife ) I would have Pythons, Troopers, 19s, and Combat Mags as wallpaper.

For just an overall, considering everything I have to go with Ruger. Besides, I really like the cylinder release.

18. Donn

Donn Active Member

Love my S&W's, especially my Model 19. That said, if I had a water cooled credit card I'd buy the next Colt Python I find, no matter the cost.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  19. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

20. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

first choice would be Smith & Wesson, following up with Ruger in second and then Dan Wesson, just because after shooting my fathers DW 15-2, i became a believer in them.