Favorite compact .9mm pistol

Discussion in 'Arizona Gun Forum' started by DrFootball, Apr 4, 2013.

1. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Everyone has a feeling on this, what's yours? I have been partial to the old S&Ws(39/439), and of late the Ruger LC9 has filled that role for me, Despite some minor issues. I also have an
    M-9, and the Ruger SR9, aside from my Colts. The Smallest of my Colts(a Combat Commander) is still to heavy for concealed carry

2. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Compact 9 that I currently carry: Kahr PM9

Compact 9 that I really would like to get: Springfield EMP

3. orangello

orangello New Member

I really like my Bersa Thunder9 UCP, but it isn't a tee-tiny pocket pistol.

4. Whitewalker1911

Whitewalker1911 New Member

I love my Ruger SR9c...first gun like a first love haha. She's not QUITE as compact as I'd like, but it'll fit in most average size purses, which is how I carry.

I'd like to get a Ruger LC9 or a Springfield XD SC9. I tried that one today and loved the feel of it, everything about it.

But I'm broke as hell right now, so that's in the FAR future, haha.

Mahalo,
    Laura

5. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I love my SIG P229r very much. Great overall pistol. Although I also enjoy shooting my Beretta Nano as well and I have been shooting it more now than the SIG, mostly to break it in. But i really enjoy shooting the Nano, which is something i didn't expect.

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

No complaints with my CZ 75 compact...

7. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

CZ 2075 RAMI BD, and extended mag to 14 and it's still compact.

8. DrFootball

I hear great things about the EMP in both .9 & .40! My only "Springfields" are Long Guns (an M1A/s & an M1E2)
    But based on what I heard from a Local PD pal of mine who carries one Off-duty, I advised a very old Friend(Ret. NYPD det. now doing Courier/P.I. work for a Diamond broker) to consider either the EMP or the Beretta Nano. He had shot both my Beretta's(a 92SB/F & the 92 SBC which was another Gun I had to part with 25+ yrs ago during my divorce and he loves it! Personally I'm looking for a Back up to the backup/CC piece,..and I'm considering the New Beretta PICO because it comes with both .380 & .32ACP barrels & slides! We have no .380's(another gun i had to sell long ago,..my .380 PPK/s :( but Loads of .32ACP since i was planning on Getting the Stainless PP in .32 & DW has a .32ACP derringer...

9. DrFootball

What about getting xtra Mags? I hear they are in short supply....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
    CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
    NSDQ

10. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I would consider the Pico after its been on the market a while. I like the concept and trust the brand, I just prefer to have them work out their kinks on someone else's money.

11. DrFootball

Laura you will Love the LC9!! I have mine since last Fall, and didn't shoot it much after the first 100 through it Until Jan. when the new Indoor range opened by me,..now I put 70-100 rds. through it every time DW & I go to the Range(72 more Yesterday!) I have 5 Mags...3 with Finger ext. and 2 flush..I'm waiting for the new 9 Rounders to become widely available! I called Prescott and CS said they are 6 months behind on order but i placed my name on the call list while ordering 3 new SR9(17 rd.) and 1 more std.LC9 mag...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
    CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
    NSDQ

12. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Right now I'm conflicted, I carry my I.O. Hellcat II .380, 70 - 80% of the time. When it's convenient, I'll carry my LC9 the other 20-30%. At the range and just in general, I like my SR9c the most, but I haven't made the time to investigate good CC holsters for the SR9c yet.

The LC9 is more concealable and lighter, but snappier, the SR9c is more controllable and has more capacity, but is not as concealable. For the price of one Sig 226, it's nice to have both!

13. DrFootball

EMD-I hear you. When you go look for Holsters,..try the DeSantis Insider, I have two, one for my 12 shot Smith 569(now called the 5609) and one for the LC,..but they make it for the SR9c as well...the other one I have that I Like and use (aside from Drop-legs and shoulder rigs) is the Uncle Mike's sidekick. Mine is for full size 4"-6" autos(commander & Gov't. 1911's & Beretta/Taurus .9's,..but i'm sure they make one for the 9c...My SR9 fits into mine very nicely..but it's even bigger then my commander, and I'm in too much Physical pain to shoot .45's or my Magnum Wheel guns anymore....:(
    I'm hoping to do some review articles here on the site(never wrote about Guns but been writing about Apple Tech., Cruise Travel & Football for a long time!) so I'll do a Compact Holster Article early on....since i have lots of leather and nylon/kydex..:)

14. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

XDMc two-tone...is now my only 9mm. It's a great pistol.

15. rpritchard0001

rpritchard0001 New Member

My wife used to carry the LC9 daily, but about two years ago she switched to the Walther PPS in 9mm. She prefers the trigger of the Walther way more.

16. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Thanks for the input DocGridiron, I will definately check out the Insider. I already have a sidekick for my S&W Mod. 19. BTW, if you write an article for FirearmsTalk.com and they publish it, if I remember correctly, they will give you a "Supporting Membership", check with notdku on that though.

17. DrFootball

I hear great things about the Springfield's (Handguns). As I said on another post, my only experience with them is my 2 M1's(civ. legal M14's) and M1a1s & an M1E2.
    I have handled but not shot their 1911(my Friend's) the XDm, the EMP(which I'd love to get myself, but just advised a pal of mine to get one) and the Kimber Solo in different stores, all are nice compacts and solid alternatives to the Smith or Ruger alternatives.

18. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

....and a correction. It's not my only 9mm, I have a Browning Hi-Power...how could I forget??

19. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Sig Sauer P938. Pocket pistol size and Sig reliability. What's not to love? :)

20. DrFootball

Just the price! That being said I'd love to own anything they produce!