Favorite cold remedies

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by tri70, Feb 10, 2013.

1. tri70

tri70 New Member

What's your favorite cold remedy? It seems honey is great for relieving coughs. I like hot totty with apple cider, honey, rum or whiskey, a shot of lemon juice. When we were little, dad gave us honey, vinegar and water for coughing.

What do you like?

2. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I drink lots of tea with lemon and honey, and I will do a saline nasal flush with eucalyptus, Rosemary and Frankincense oils twice a day fro congestion. Used to get a nasal infection ever time I got a cold until I started doing this.

3. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

NyQuil or Bourbon... But not together:p

4. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

"Rockin Rye".........! Hic-up ! n:eek:

5. AR10

AR10 New Member

Heal sty in eye.........Dial soap. Clean hands, touch soap, then touch sore spot on eye. Works in about half a day.

Ears ringing from shooting............Castor Oil. 3 or 4 drops in ear canal, put cotton in ears to keep oil in while you sleep. Do nightly till ringing stops. Repeat as necessary.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  6. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

vitamin c...try to OD on it. The halls defense drops are good, and tasty! emergenC mix. its all good. go to town. bathe in it if you can

7. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

A bottle of Wild Turkey 101 and 2 table spoons of Platte River Honey. Put to table spoons of honey in a Dixie cup. Feed the honey to the cat. While the cat chokes on the honey drink the 101.
    A good laugh and a good drink works wonders.:D;)

8. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Chicken noodle soup, fluids (water, tea, or Sprite), and sleep.

9. tri70

tri70 New Member

Hot sauce will clear your head to or anything spicy.

10. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I put about a tablespoon of honey in the bottom of my cup with 1/4 to 1/2 a tablespoon of cinnamon. I then use the Keurig to make a cup of dark hot chocolate. Honey and cinnamon are great. Together they have anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties. If my chest feels yucky or I notice I'm getting sick, I have one glass at night and it seems to help though you're supposed to drink it twice a day. I drink Airborne too if there's a lot of sick kids at school or if I'm feeling worn down.

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

If you have a chest cold you should rub some camphor and peppermint into it. I would offer to demonstrate technique on you but I am afraid Fathead would object!:D

12. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

If you're ever up north...like in the Portland tri city area. Im just sayin. I got 20 bucks ....and nothin homo. Just sayin.

13. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Whoa there Cattledog! I think I'll pass. That was an offer for Zombiegirl:).

14. AR10

AR10 New Member

Deep breathe ozone. Kills most any lung ailment. Ozone is two oxygen molecules looking for a divorce by attaching one to dirty organic stuff, leaving the ozone to shift into stable molecular structures.

Try it.

15. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Oh, it might kill any ailment you have. Though it might kill you too. Ozone refers to highly reactive gas comprised of 3 oxygen molecules (O3) and it does damage mucus and respiratory tissues. It causes burns in your lungs. :eek:

16. AR10

AR10 New Member

I think what you are saying is valid, just as packing your nude body in mud made from aspirin would burn you. One should study Ozone Therapy. AMA does not like it. EPA does not like it. Why? If you hold keys, locksmiths go out of business.

I have not missed a day of work in twenty plus years. Wife the same. I live in the stuff, and I breathe it like a child eats candy.

You do have to use the machines responsibility.
    Your favorite Smokey bar, that is not Smokey, your favorite dry cleaner that does not make your clothes smell like pert, your local fire restoration company that pulls the burned flesh smell out of burned buildings, all rely on Ozone technology. Cancer cures around the world, outside the AMA grasp, often use Ozone Therapy as one tool of many.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  17. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Better yet, wear good hearing protection when shooting. :cool:

For colds, home made chicken noodle soup, vitamin C, Zinc.

Though I haven't had a cold or the flu in several years.

18. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Pine needle tea with a spoonful of honey and cinnamon followed by a shot of 100 proof rum. It'll cure what ails you.

19. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Hot Toddies.

Whisky, o.j., hot water or tea, honey,stick cinnamon, whole cloves.

20. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

Makers Mark my remedy for just about everything.