Favorite AR-15

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by tierone, Jul 19, 2011.

1. tierone

tierone New Member

I was wondering who do you guys think make the best AR's. I'm a fan of Rock River Arms.

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

tierone,

Although there are other good ARs out there! That would be a good Second for me for RRA! When you have a Rock River Elite CAR A-4 serial number at 5000 that has a total of 30,000 rounds through it with only re-barreling her one time, and the fact that as I can remember has had only two failures to feed since 2001 which I am sure was due to a defective magazine. And my
    20" RRA Varmint Rifle shoots 1/4 MOA Groups. What else could a guy say! They are fine rifles!

3. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

The one I built from scratch. Delton stripped lower, spikes stripped upper and MANY MANY other things to make it the perfect AR, IMO of course. LOL!

4. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

Im pretty partial to Double Star...made in Kentucky and great firearms for the money. I dont know if I will ever own any other kind of AR.

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

+1 :p

I always build my own PCs so I'll use my saying about Dell Computers.

"They can build a million better than I can but I can build ONE better than they do."

Anyway, the point is, if you half way try, for about the same money or less you can build a better AR than you'll likely find on the shelf.

ETA:
    But you can't go wrong with BCM, Colt or Daniel Defense.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

7. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

A well crafted factory rifle you know is 100% spec and 100% capable. One you know with unwaivering confidence will take you to hell and back when called upon.

I don't want to have to cross my fingers and hope I get a good one. I want to know the minute I press that "submit order" button a great rifle will soon rest in my hands.

I look at my rifles like I look at my friends. I may not have many but the ones I do have will be there forever and have my back should something go wrong.

As many of you can attest, when you've been there the picture becomes a little more clear.

8. Gus556

Gus556 New Member

I like my Carbine. It is a Spikes lower, RRA NM trigger and internals, stag arms upper, leupold red dot and a magpul stock. I can run any ammo I have tossed in it, reloads, AE, LC, federal, wolf, silver crap, winchester white box, brown turd, PMC, and remington.
    I like owning a rifle that will shoot anything I put in it.

9. ArmedCitizen

ArmedCitizen New Member

I agree with canebrake.
    My Colt LE AR/M4.
    With the few mods I have on it, I could ask for anything more out of a AR.

10. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

"This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine"
    [​IMG]
    This one will always be my fav, hell i built it to have what i wanted :p. Ardel Engineering lower with DPMS lower parts kit (all made right here in Minnesota!), BCM 16" lightweight Chrome lined 1:7 twist barrel, mid length gas system, 5.56 NATO chamber, M4 feed ramps, cold hammer forged, Magpul furniture, Hogue pistol grip and finished off with a BCM auto bcg as well as custom streamlight set-up.

11. xiocian

xiocian New Member

I like my CMMG WASP upper. 16" barrel with a 1/9 twist. It never seems to fail on me. So I guess that's all I really need; a reliable and accurate firearm.