Favorite 9mm Target Ammo?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by GlockRenegade, Jun 17, 2012.

1. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Alright you guys, whats your favorite or best 9mm ammo? Mine personally is Winchester Whitebox. I can get them at Wal Mart for $21.00 for a 100 round box. They burn pretty clean for me and have never had a problem.

2. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Yeah, WWB, but, IME, Beretta 92s and Glocks aren't real fussy...

3. mdemotte

mdemotte New Member

Federal champion.. Sellier and bellot.. Cheap and zero problems!!

4. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

WWB sucks. Sorry.

Federal American Eagle 147gr TMJ.

or 147gr fmj precision delta over 3.4 Titegroup.

5. stevem8

stevem8 New Member

I got a bunch of magtech 9mm 115gr from palmetto. Was only $10.99 per box with free shipping. Anyone try bulk reloaded ammo? Kinda interested in catammo.com. Any experience?

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

My first favorite is WWB 230 grain fmj

Second is federal 230 grain

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i use a lot of Federal FMJ ammo for most of my pistols for practice as they are usually what's cheapest at WalMart. i do use some Magtech and Sellior & Bellot also.

8. MrWray

MrWray New Member

At the walmart near me i can get the federal fmj for $17.47 a box 50rds, and the WWB fmj for $35 for box 100rds.

9. JigSawer40

JigSawer40 New Member

I usually shoot Champs but if I can get UMC 115 HP value packs at Walmart I'll practice with them and use for SD as they are cheap enough. I got good groups with them.

10. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

No, no not at all, maybe in your opinion sir. Your picture.... Now that sucks :)

11. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Aww... that's really cute and stuff, but yes, WWB is **** ammo.

But, I'm sure you reload, shoot competitively, and run over 15k rounds a year through your pistol.

12. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Anything brass cased and cheap.

I like the WWB and Federal Champion 100rd value packs...because they're packed like sardines and take up less space at home and in the range bag. Both have always run great in my experience (Advantage : WWB; because it runs a little hotter). I also have some 124gr RWS that I like a lot. It's hot stuff, runs clean, packed tight, and was on sale cheap ($12/50) at Wally World a year or two ago. Still have almost 1000 rds of it. It's like a cleaner running NATO round.

I prefer 124gr whenever I can pick a up a good deal on it. Generally I try to avoid Remington UMC. It's been okay for me...just a little spendier and seems a bit dirtier than most.

13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Wolf ammo is my fav for target ammo. Sometimes i use Federal & Remington UMC from Walmart. I don't care which ones are dirty as i love cleaning through my guns, even if i just shot 50/100 rounds.

14. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

For 9mm? Yikes!

I think it's about $20 for Federal and $24 for Winchester here. 100rd value packs in each case. The prices you're talking about are what I pay for 45acp.

If you're paying that for 9mm, I suggest you visit SGammo.com...they're right in your neighborhood. You'll pay less for better quality ammo.

15. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Im sorry sweeper, i was referring to .45acp. I got side tracked on what caliber the thread was about.

16. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Yeah, out of the last 10,000 or so rds I had ----------------
    Wait for it------
    ZERO hiccups :rolleyes:

And yes-
    Federal is 2nd

17. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I've had good luck with WWB also, but just recently read some stories about dud rounds & squibs. I know that it can happen with any manufacturer, but seems Winchester wouldn't take responsibility or do anything about it. Anyone else heard anything about that?

18. JigSawer40

JigSawer40 New Member

Good luck with Winchester admitting they goofed. :rolleyes:

In my case I bought 3 boxes of Win PDX1 9mm 124+Ps and found 5 of these. I notified Winchester about it and they never responded.

[​IMG]

19. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Just take a hammer & tap those two down a bit ----

NO! WAIT!!!!!! ----------------------

20. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Exactly.. Hate it when people say something sucks or is horrible, without stating " in my experience ". Cause theres 1000s more that in their experience it works fine and no complaints..