favorite. 22lr ammo

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by jjfuller1, Jul 10, 2012.

favorite brand of .22LR ammo?

Poll closed Jul 10, 2013.
  1. Winchester

7.7%
  2. Federal

24.2%
  3. Remington

8.8%
  4. CCI

47.3%
  5. Fiocchi

1.1%
  6. Blazer

3.3%
  7. Aguila

1.1%
  8. Cheaper the better

1.1%
  9. None of the above

5.5%
  10. I go to to range and find the duds, i dont give up till they have 10 firing pinmarks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

pretty simple. we often hear oh whats the best or what brand does this.. well i simply want to know your favorite. what brand do you walk into the store and ask for ??

2. RNstanger

RNstanger New Member

I used to buy CCI Blazers cause everybody raved about them and for the most part is very good 22 ammo. One time I was looking for 22's to take to the range the next day and the place I went didn't have it in stock so I picked up a big box of Remington Golden Bullets. These performed better than the CCI's with less FTE's in all my 22's. I was a little surprised but also thought you can't always believe what you read as I've read a lot of good but mostly bad things about this ammo. So for now this is my favorite 22 ammo since you can buy a big 500+ box for cheap.

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i will be buying CCI and fiocchi.. couldnt believe the clover it gave me out of my marlin.

4. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I like the Remington too, I dont seem to have any problems and its pretty accurate...

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i shot some blazer the other day and it was the dirtest ammo ive seen in awhile and had a ton of duds.. after my bolt .22 eats its up i wont be buying anymore

6. dsheppard

dsheppard New Member

I always buy the remington golden jacket bullets. They shoot good and the hollow points have realy good expansion

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Depends on what I am doing with the .22. For SERIOUS target work, Nobel R-50, Wolf match or Lapua Master. Plinking with the grandkids- Federal Champion Target. Match ammo is not cheap.

8. Sourdough54

Sourdough54 New Member

I don't have a favorite flavor. I'll buy what's on sale, pick up 1,2k at a time. I have 22's in pistol & rifle, auto, bolt, etc. If it doesn't work in one it will work in another. I have a thousand rounds of Eley Running Boar ammo. Hot stuff. From hyper-velocity to cb & bb. I looked in my ammo cans and even have some ammo in MontgomeryWards packaging.

9. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

When I was regularly doing 100-150 yard work with my Marlin 60, I found Winchester Xpert to be the most accurate.

Remington subsonic is my next choice. Sub moa to 100 yards, quiet through the can.

Federal lightning, is it still around?

10. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

I think CCI is by far the best 22lr ammo out there. I have several thousand rounds of various CCI brands of ammo. I also like Federal 510 bulk and shoot a fair amount of it as well.

11. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

CCI Mini-Mags

12. fisherkip

fisherkip New Member

CCI mini mags bot solid and hollow points

13. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

I shoot more Federal bulk than anything but CCI Mini Mags are the best.

14. moron88

moron88 New Member

havent shot enough of a veriety to find out what's my favorite. currently i like Winchester wildcats. they are cheap and i dont have to go to walmart to get them. i love blazers but only one place sells them and they sell all bricks for $25. compare, the wildcats are about $20 after tax.

15. vincent

vincent New Member

I've had nothing but great results with the Federal bulk 550, something about spending 100 bucks for 2750 rounds that I really like...;)

I have a bunch of the CCI's as well, can't go wrong with that either...

16. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

That would be nice, but my S&W 15-22 doesn't like Federal. :eek:

17. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I buy bulk federal, all my .22 shooting is random plinking. Nothing more than 50yards and they run fine in all my .22s, sometimes i buy winchester wildcats because bricks go on sale for $14 and i buy a couple just to keep my stock up.

18. totallyfrozen

totallyfrozen New Member

CCI Stinger (for hunting).

Other than that (e.g. target practice, plinking, etc.), it doesn't matter too much. I often use the Remington Thunderbolt cuz you can get a brick of 1,000 for less than $10.

19. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I shoot some better federal but mostly wolf/sk these also do a fine job on tree rats too.