Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everybody has their favorites for various reasons. Here are my personal choices:

1944 Remington Rand ............History
Sig P320 M-17........................Firepower
CZ 75 B................................... Pleasure to shoot
Beretta 92 FS...........................Italian Craftsmanship
Colt Defender...........................My perfect carry

DSCN2227.JPG

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Ah! You openly admit to a favorite that is plastic and striker fired! :oops:
Nice choices! (y)

·
Premium Member
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah! You openly admit to a favorite that is plastic and striker fired! :oops:
Nice choices! (y)
It's true, but if it makes you feel better, I feel like I have sinned! Not ONLY that, but I put a light on it! If you are going to go, go all the way. ;)

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
It's true, but if it makes you feel better, I feel like I have sinned! Not ONLY that, but I put a light on it! If you are going to go, go all the way. ;)
Yeah, I noticed the light...but that left me speechless! I could not bring myself to comment. I will assemble my five for a pic later...and I have a plastic striker fired favorite too! Oh the shame...:cry: But no lights!

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
History - P08 DWM 1916 Luger rig, matching except the magazines. 1937 holster
Firepower - S&W M&P40 Pro Series.
Pleasure to shoot - Sig P220 Equinox
Teutonic Craftsmanship - CZ82
My perfect carry - S&W M&P Shield 9mm series 1.0 unless I'm in a snubby mood.
Best bargain - S&W model 915

·
Premium Member
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I noticed the light...but that left me speechless! I could not bring myself to comment. I will assemble my five for a pic later...and I have a plastic striker fired favorite too! Oh the shame...:cry: But no lights!
I'll send you a box of matches to use with it. Old school tactical lights.

Looking forward to see your steel kids.

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Ruger Standard Model - History; the gun that really helped
anchor Sturm Ruger...and it is a great shooter!

RIA 10mm - Bargain with great reliability and accuracy and firepower.

Springfield RO Elite Target - Really awesome gun to shoot...makes me smile a lot

Springfield RO Compact - First carry gun, only set it aside for less weight. This pistol has never failed me.

Sig P365 - Exceptional EDC! Yeah it is a plastic and striker fired. 🤔

·
Premium Member
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ruger Standard Model - History; the gun that really helped
anchor Sturm Ruger...and it is a great shooter!

RIA 10mm - Bargain with great reliability and accuracy

Springfield RO Elite Target - Really awesome gun to shoot...makes me smile a lot

Springfield RO Compact - First carry gun, only set it aside for less weight. This pistol has never failed me.

Sig P365 - Exceptional EDC! Yeah it is a plastic and striker fired. 🤔

View attachment 241896
That is a fine stable, you have good taste in firearms.

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Registered
818 Posts
In order:

Browning Challenger
P938

Only two I have and both reliable enough to carry but the Challenger is a bit awkward for that.

·
Premium Member
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In order:

Browning Challenger
P938

Only two I have and both reliable enough to carry but the Challenger is a bit awkward for that.
Maybe you could carry the Challenger like Crocodile Dundee carried his knife. ;)

I have not handled the P-938, but I would like to. Why don't you send it to me on loan for a couple of weeks?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Maybe you could carry the Challenger like Crocodile Dundee carried his knife. ;)

I have not handled the P-938, but I would like to. Why don't you send it to me on loan for a couple of weeks?
The Challenger might be a little hard to carry in my teeth and the P938 is my EDC. What do you have to trade for a couple of weeks? The P938 is totally reliable but a snappy little gun needing some practice to get comfortable being an EDC. I like it.....no plastic....or is it "polymer" to be more sophisticated? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Top Five Auto's: I have four of those pedestrian plastic guns. Also two metal framed guns. All these guns are solid. I do not care if they are made from paper mache.

1. Colt Combat-Target 45 ACP 1911, It's the mat finish model that's shot near weekly in informal match.
2.HK USPC 45 ACP. This gun is unbelievable handgun. A little too large for easy carry.
3. Glock 23: Carry Gun with OEM 357 SIG barrel.
4.Glock 20
5. Glock 21
I have just finished a 200 round run with a ATI 1911GI, This gun is a Commander clone, These guns are unbelievable for the bucks.This gun is to be another EDC. Also a Ruger Mark II having fired many thousands of rounds in matches formal and information for twenty plus years.How about some favorite revolvers.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
I'll post up once i am able to wade through all the crap in the garage at my new digs and get to the safes at the back.
Good posts so far

·
Premium Member
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Challenger might be a little hard to carry in my teeth and the P938 is my EDC. What do you have to trade for a couple of weeks? The P938 is totally reliable but a snappy little gun needing some practice to get comfortable being an EDC. I like it.....no plastic....or is it "polymer" to be more sophisticated? :rolleyes:
They only call the polymer to make you think it is something special. We all know it is plastic. Send it down to me, I will send you something in return. You know you can trust me, I am a Liberal. ;)

Reactions: Southernguns

·
Premium Member
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He carried his large fixed blade knife under his shirt, on his back and drew it over his shoulder. That should work for you.

·
Premium Member
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Top Five Auto's: I have four of those pedestrian plastic gun. Also two metal framed guns. All these guns are solid. I do not care if they are made from paper mache.

1. Colt Combat-Target 45 ACP 1911, It's the mat finish model that's shot near weekly in informal match.
2.HK USPC 45 ACP. This gun is unbelievable handgun. A little too large for easy carry.
3. Glock 23: Carry Gun with OEM 357 SIG barrel.
4.Glock 20
5. Glock 21
I have just finished a 200 round run with a ATI 1911GI, This gun is a Commander clone, These guns are unbelievable for the bucks.This gun is to be another EDC. Also a Ruger Mark II having fired many thousands of rounds in matches formal and information for twenty plus years.How about some favorite revolvers.
I am game for a revolver show!

Why don't you start, I will follow up. I like wheel guns too! I may be a few hours behind you, this is my wife's birthday and we are heading out to break bad for a while. (that is breaking bad, for old folks on a Thursday, in the daytime)

Reactions: Mowgli Terry

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
I am game for a revolver show!

Why don't you start, I will follow up. I like wheel guns too! I may be a few hours behind you, this is my wife's birthday and we are heading out to break bad for a while. (that is breaking bad, for old folks on a Thursday, in the daytime)
OK, give me some time to make some pictures. This thread would be for five favorite revolvers. This would exlude WebleyFosbery's. I am becoming sensitive to old folks comments. I an a few days younger,literately, of Joe.

·
Registered
818 Posts
He carried his large fixed blade knife under his shirt, on his back and drew it over his shoulder. That should work for you.
That actually is my plan but I'm waiting on my Colion Noir shirt to come in first. "It's all about looking good".....my daughter. Also, Chain, I have no problems with liberals but just realize you're wrong some, but not all of the time. I don't classify myself other than a pretty independent bastage that's gone to both school and the school of hard knocks.

·
Premium Member
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK, give me some time to make some pictures. This thread would be for five favorite revolvers. This would exlude WebleyFosbery's. I am becoming sensitive to old folks comments. I an a few days younger,literately, of Joe.
I can understand about the Webley, but I may have to post an Enfield. ;)

Reactions: Mowgli Terry
1 - 20 of 21 Posts