Fathers day gifts?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by orangello, Jun 8, 2012.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

If you have a father, you probably owe him a tie or something next weekend. What are you getting your dad?

I will probably throw-in on a string trimmer with my sister (rechargable).

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Did a bolt hold open mod on his Ruger 10/22. Might get him a speed loader for the sp101.

3. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Gonna try for a Mosin 91/30 so we can go shoot rifles together since he doesn't have a long rifle. Just a shotgun

4. tri70

tri70 New Member

Fishing gear my dad fishes like I hunt!

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Crap! I forgot about Fathers day. I had disowned my Father because of how he lives his life. Now I found out he has liver cancer. They gave him 6 months. I had him over for dinner the night before last. Trying to help him through his last days. People here that know my history know this is dificult for me. But I am trying. I guess I have to go get a gift.

6. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I am getting my Dad a 33 round magazine for his Glock 19. My Mom probably won't like it but......

7. carbon15man

carbon15man New Member

I gotta gun safe form my lil boy and gf today man it feels good being a dad... But wont be getting my dad anything haven't seen him in years but my stepdad he'll be getting some bulk ak ammo I like to keep it simple

8. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Rick, you are already gining him one of the best gifts you can. I spent three years not talking to my mother over something that was minor in the end. I wish I had those three years back now that she is gone. I don't know your history, so I am making no assumptions, you have your reasons. Rest assured, you are doing the right thing. In the end, mom and I made our peace, and we were both better of for it.

As to the OP, I have a $10 and a $20 siver certificate from my dad's birth year. His birthday is the 22nd, so I think I'll kill 2 birds with one stone.

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I never know what to get my Dad. He is pretty debilitated from a stroke several years ago. He has no hobbies and he can't get out and do the things he used to like to do. The best thing I can give him right now is my time. Probably a dinner and cook out on the grill is all that's in order to make my Dad happy.

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Okay, get him something that creates or complements work is in the same category of getting the wife a new vacuum for her birthday (Honey, the old vacuum is missing spots. Here's a new one.)

Give him something that he could enjoy (maybe not a tie). How about a prepaid vacation? Reunion with some of his old buddies? Pay a lawn service for the weekend?

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

He can barely walk. It is an effort to get up out of his chair and make it to the bathroom. He is 82 and has steadily declined since his stroke about 6 years ago.

He has a lawn service.

What he would love the most is spending a day with me, I'm sure.

12. pfev1980

pfev1980 New Member

Let me tell you my grandpas favorite gift he's gotten in forever and you'll laugh. He was about 75 when he passed last year, but for the last year of his life he was confined to his recliner. He was an avid hunter and gun enthusiast so to help him pass the time we got him one of those duck hunting games that you just plug into the tv. I bet he played that thing four hours a day...lol. Was perfect because it's real easy to operate, only has one piece and is light enough for someone ravaged by diabetes to handle easily.

13. Alwayscarrying

Alwayscarrying New Member

My dad has never been a part of my life. But my grandpa, or pawpaw as i know him, will be getting a new Mini-30 from me. He always tells me about the one he had that got stolen and how he would love to have it back, just so happens I managed to save up the money just before fathers day. Now maybe, I can talk him into deer hunting with me and my little brother like he did when we were knee high to a grouse.

14. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Got my FIL a steering wheel knob for his new tractor. Liked it so much that I ordered one for myself.

Got my old man a Pig Man t-shirt. We both love that show.

15. Big-Nasty

Big-Nasty New Member

I bought my Dad some ammunition. 50 round box of 45 autos, 2 20 round boxes of 7.62x39mm rounds, lol and a 20 round box of Hornady Zombie Max 223 rounds just for laughs.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  16. big_blue79

big_blue79 New Member

I've got texaswoodworker making him a set of Cocobolo wood grips for his Taurus 1911.