Father of the bride

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by c3shooter, Feb 28, 2013.

1. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I mentioned that our youngest daughter (mother of the Anarchist-in-Training- my shooting partner) will be getting married in May.

Found some pictures I took a long time ago of my lady, our youngest (bride to be), and her brother. Seems like yesterday.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Very nice, C3. Thanks for sharing those photos.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Good looking kids!

4. G30USMC

G30USMC Active Member Supporter

Great looking family there c3, thanks for sharing !

5. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Very nice! My daughter is only 12....... I don't even want to think about that...yet.... :/

6. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I'm with you on that one.

7. blindshooter

blindshooter New Member

How cute, I'll bet you're grinning from ear to ear.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

For those that do not want to start thinking about "that" yet- better get with the program. It happens faster than you think. :eek:

I took those pictures about 30 years ago, and it seems like last week.

9. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I've got one son and that might be for the best.! I think If I had a daughter , she might HATE ME,over protective..! Flappin my Katana every new boy.! :eek:

Congrats and hope he's good enough........!:)

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

And to be honest, as our children grow and mature, so does our feelings of what we want for them change. You will want a good man for your grown daughter when she gets to that age. Of course you'd shoot anyone who bothered your 12 year old. I cry pretty easily but I was never one to cry as my children grew. Their first day of Kindergarten was awesome to see such pride and delight in their faces. Their first homecoming and Prom dances, etc. It is such a joy to watch them progress through life successfully.

But I'm going to cry like a fool when I dance with my son for the Mother/son dance at his wedding. But I guarantee you there will be tears of joy. I hope someone mops the dance floor so no one slips on my puddles of tears. I'm tearing up a little now just thinking about it. My DIL says she's going to get it all on video. She's a mean, mean woman. I love her to pieces.

11. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats C3, my little girl is getting married in Sept. I am not sure I am ready for it and she is 28. Good luck and enjoy it. Post pictures.

When the boys first started showing up, and I gave them a hard time, my wife asked me why. I told her I was setting the ground rules, because at age of 15 they were only a life support system for a penis. She asked how I knew that, and I told her personal experience!