Fast Draw - How to hit 5 targets under one second! (lip)

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Vincine, May 6, 2012.

1. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Look at Bob Munden or maybe this guy.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HYk-NbGnK8&feature=related[/ame]

3. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I love Bob Munden,he is a little arrogant but I guess he has a reason to be.My favorite fast shooter is Jerry Miculek,I love what he does with a double action revolver,makes me feel like I could do it too if I practiced enough.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw[/ame]

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

(Ahem!) For all of you that speak kindly to all us old phartz that still carry a revolver- think about those clips for a minute, wouldja? :p

5. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Im not old im only 23 and i carry a Gp100 everyday. I just love the look and feel of a revolver. But thats just me.

6. crossfire

crossfire New Member

Bob Munden isn't half as arrogant as most professional athletes. He's been off and on with health issues lately, but he used to be more than happy to talk single actions to anyone who would call. The one big difference between Mr. Munden and other speed shooters is that Munden did most of his shooting with SAAMI-spec loads, not shot loads or ammo so watered down that it barely gets the bullet out of the barrel. A lot of quickdraw contests are done with primer-only wax bullet ammo.
    Just for reference, the old Crosman .50 cal Spotmarker CO2 revolver could launch a .50 cal wax bullet at 300+ fps; enough power to break the surface of a hollow-core door; more than enough to bust balloons at close range

7. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

There's middle age farts that love wheelguns too!

8. urquidez

urquidez New Member

How can some one shoot so fast wow

9. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Takes a whole different kind of muscle twitch to do what some of these guys do. To watch bob munden fan shoot 6 rounds sounds like one extended baaang. When filmed with 1000 shot per second video and then slowed down to see it still makes it look fast.

10. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

There are lots of tricks that could make this impossible feat look real --

- speed up the camera after filming in slo-mo

- use a semi-auto and file down the sear

- use shot shell bullets

- all of the above together.