Farthest shot....so far.

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by kaido, Jan 9, 2012.

1. kaido

kaido New Member

Went out to the range today with my girl, me and her both had a blast and in total spent close to 600 rounds. After the first little bit and after getting my scope sighted in at 25yards I decided to see if I could hit a penny. Turns out I did, shattered it. Also hit a quarter and a nickel. Only got a picture of the penny as my girl wanted to keep the others and I never thought of getting a picture then.

After getting bored of shooting things from 25yards I decided to see if I could walk out to 100yards with only hold over.
    Target of choice?

A bullet riddled steel piece of pipe about 6" in diameter and about a foot tall. The first shot happened to hit just high and to the right by no more then a foot. A simple adjustment to my hold and I was about to get 8/10 shots to hit the pipe. Wasn't exactly that awesome of a group, but I was able to get maybe 3shots within 1" of each other. Not sure when I did that though as I wasn't able to actually see my hits, only hear them while shooting. After I emptied a few magazines on that I got a little bored since I was used to the hold and was a little normal now.

That's when my girl figured she would issue a challenge. There was a tank about the width of a fridge and about the 4feet tall. This was at 200Ms (218yards) and after letting a few rounds, like close to a few magazines worth, I managed to find the hold over and it was fairly fun. All of this was done with my Mossberg 702 Plinkster and my girls Marlin XT-22. She wasn't able to get hits on the 200M target but she did get a couple hits at the 100yard pipe with hers. I was also able to get a few consecutive hits with here's at 100yards.

Attached Files:

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Not bad. What scope have you got on your plinkster?

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

3. kaido

kaido New Member

It's the Center Point 4x32. So far it isn't to bad at all, nice crips picture and haven't had the cross hairs go blurry except to when I was less the 10yards. But I think that's just common sense when your that close.

4. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Yep. Sight that 22 in for 1/4" high at 30 yards and youll be able to shoot about at 100

5. kaido

kaido New Member

Just to clarify for myself, if I set I to shoot 1/4" high at about 30yards I should be almost spot on at roughly 100yards?

6. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Ya as in inner ring on bottom of pop can accurate

7. 22tackdriver

22tackdriver New Member

Didn't know that imma try that out

8. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Ya i do it all the time. Itll be about 1/2 inch low or so but its still doable. I usually sight my 22's in 1/4" high at 50 and its about dead on at 100

9. xXtacticalrimfireXx

xXtacticalrimfireXx New Member

Got a confirmed kill on a squirrel about to days ago possibly a 120 yard shot

(remington scoremaster a.k.a "squirrelmaster")

10. kaido

kaido New Member

Makes me wish I lived where it was warm most of the year.
    Me and my girl were down at the range Sunday and she said that she seen a gopher, but I never happened to see it. When we walked over it looked like he already went down the hole that was right by him.

Hoping to be able to see a lot out in the spring/summer though. Until then I'll be working on my trigger control and improving y groups. Little buggers won't know what hit them haba