FARMERS

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Sniper03, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I saw this today and thought it should be passed along! God Bless Them!

Farmers.jpg

armoredman, mbschne, rock185 and 13 others like this.
  2. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

3. hairbear1

hairbear1 Well-Known Member

This has been pointed out down here as well. Maybe just maybe some of the animated meatsocks who think their food comes from a butchers or a grocery story that is wrapped in a plastic container may actually have a dull light bulb flick on inside their cranium( or a coffin for their brain) and actually have a moment of enlightenment.

It's amazing that the efforts of so few feed so many but cop so much do do for supposedly destroying the environment while supplying everything from eggs to meat.
    The stupid is alive and well in this modern world.

4. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

Bloomberg called farmers dumb. I have no idea what the daily meat consumption of NYC could be, nor any other large city in normal times. It must be huge.

Here (rural Missouri), it's calving time with so far good weather. Neighbors have many in good health assuring future supply. We buy a beef each year, processed by a local butcher 15 miles away, grown right down the road by local farmer. Year's supply of the best beef in America. Our family butchers our own hogs (6-8 annually). Year's supply in two days work.

Wild game - red meat, birds, fish - all here on the farm. Garden going in and new chicks growing rapidly. We are not going to starve for lack of meat protein nor vegetables.

I daresay many otherwise intelligent people have little insight as to the steps between the cows down the road and their table. Shut down or cut back one step (packing plants, for example) and they are screwed. Sam's Club meat case was empty last week. Cities could get really ugly when food gets short. But then, I'm just a dumb farmer.

5. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

Bloomberg didn't "call farmers dumb" . He compared high tech occupations of today
    to Medieval farming, contending that primitive farming didn't require brains .
    Start at 45 seconds :

6. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

He couldn't primitive farm.

JRDallas and Rifling82 like this.
  7. sheriffjohn

Elitist snob with nothing in common with anybody who doesn't live in a NYC Penthouse. Condescending no-sweat possum-faced little man whom I detest. If money be the root of evil, his roots run deep. Wouldn't make a pimple on a Deputy's rear end.

8. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

If it weren't for Farmer's,Rancher's,and Truck Driver's,the big cities would be extinct!
    Hell,That sounds like a brilliant idea - Quit delivering stuff to the big cities,and let them kill each other off!

primer1, JRDallas, towboater and 3 others like this.
  9. RKtullahoma

RKtullahoma Well-Known Member Supporter

My grandfather was one. I curse every day my stupidity for not being one myself.

winds-of-change and Rifling82 like this.
  10. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

AMEN! I have to mend the fences and repair my barn (some wind damage)! :) And the good news is that the cattle are not the least bid PANICKED by this CV crap!!!;) And due to the amount of rain we got in the last three months (35+ inches:eek:) and the warm weather we don't have to feed any more hay. Live is good in the middle of my cow pasture. I just wish the rest of the nation would regain their collective sanity before it is to late to recover!!!:(

11. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Jim, insanity is infectious. Look at Kalifornistan and how they have spread the infection.

towboater and JimRau like this.
  12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Hard work. Long hours. No insurance. No sick pay. At the mercy of the weather. No pension. Financing expensive equipment.
    I love farmers.

sheriffjohn, BK3220 and JimRau like this.
  13. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I think you nailed it!!!!:cool:

JTJ likes this.
  14. armoredman

armoredman Well-Known Member

My neighbors have been farming that spot for over 100 years and do well. The wife is running for Congress, so pro 2A that they have 3 different shooting ranges on the property.
    Tiffany Shedd for Congress, AZ CD1!!!!

primer1 likes this.
  15. Rentacop

Crowd behavior is what I suspect is behind these , well, "crowds" . People find it easier to do what everyone around them is doing than to think for themselves .

In a crowd, no single person need fear being singled out and called a fool for his actions .

JimRau likes this.
  16. sheriffjohn

No matter how slow you drive, you will get dust on your car.
    So, you have a $50,000 car you only drive on weekends. I have a $400,000 combine I only drive three weeks a year.

JimRau, BK3220 and ellis36 like this.
  17. hairbear1

hairbear1 Well-Known Member

Australia is just starting to come out of something like a 5 year drought and a lot of farmers have gone to the wall sold up or in some really sad cases topped themselves because of the worry that s associated with droughts,money etc.

In this time there is/was a few of the terminally delusional dead****s who claimed we didn't need farmers as we could import stuff and that farmers were environmental bandits destroying the landscape for their own gains.
    Of course explaining to the terminally stupid what actually happens between paddock and plate is like explaining quantum mechanics to drug affected space monkey and fact goes over their collective empty heads.

If a lot of this stuff between the Kung Flu and these idiots who have no idea about farms it would be the makings of a Hollywood epic movie or a good comedy.
    The vast majority of us who are into our 50's onwards have the common sense to sit back look at what's happening and go from there knowing full well the politicians and media are full of panic driven **** for their own benefit. Those of us that have seen combat know what destruction and confusion is seen dead bodies etc so to a point this is not a big thing it's just those who are driving an agenda for some future gain.
    A lot of the younger people from say 20 up to around 40 or so are in that stage of believing everything the media and social media says because it's on the interwebs and don't know of hardships and what struggle and deprivation is except that now they can't go to their favourite coffee shop or sit in with a group of friends and text each other while sitting next to each other............God help the world and the modern generation if the internet fails for 24 hours is all I can say..

Rifling82 and sheriffjohn like this.
  18. Rentacop

hairbear1 :
    Glad you mentioned the possibility of an Internet failure . I'm going to stock up on bandwidth !

armoredman and winds-of-change like this.
  19. RKtullahoma

RKtullahoma Well-Known Member Supporter

Seems to me He would be helping the modern generation BY failing the Net for 24 hours.