"Farmers' Almanac" predicts a "bitterly cold" winter

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bigcountry02, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

It's been a very mild summer here. Only hit triple digits three times, and just barely.

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

It has been unbearably hot here. I welcome the witches tit. I can dress for the cold. There is no dressing or undressing for the heat.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Quiet, man! So help me, if you get Shihan going on this again.....

You REALLY do not want to see THOSE pictures... :eek:

5. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Yea here too in southern indiana. Usually this time a year we are bearing 100 degrees or more with 90% or better humidity. The last month about its been in the low to mid 80's. This last week it was almost 90 but thats the hottest its been in awhile. Last August it was 108 and we were camping at that time.

My ac quit in my dakota last week but because it hasnt really been that hot Ive not worried about getting the $19 resistor needed to get it fixed. Redneck ac feels ok at 70 mph on the freeway. I did wish it was working last Wednesday because we got some rain so I couldnt run with the winders down.

I kind of had a feeling it was gonna be a cold winter because of the unseasonably cool summer we are having now. Not to mention last winter was really that cold for us.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  6. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter New Member

I don't pay any attention to that almanac,never have never will.

7. rurak

rurak New Member

It was mid to high 90's pretty much all july in massachusetts. That almanac is horse ****

8. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

I hope we have a prolonged cold winter in OK with lots of snow. That would kill off some spiders, scorpions, ticks and ants. It we had enough snow Okies might learn how to drive in the stuff.

9. bigjim

bigjim New Member

That's just mild short shelve weather for us here. (LOL)

Jim

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  10. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

The colder the better. I hope the predictions are true. Joe deBunker, one of my favorite philosophers once said "you can't be too rich or too cold".

11. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

It stays in the 90s for the most part here. It rarely gets above 99, but it doesn't really go below 90 either.

I miss the 60-70 degree weather. :(

12. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

This is all because of man made global warming no doubt.... Or so they will probably say...

The Obama and Gore climate team need to find a way to spin this in order to keep fleecing the Country of billions of our tax dollars.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Boy I hope not. I have no desire to spend months hauling propane tanks and torches up and down ice encrusted catwalks, thawing pulleys, belts, and rollers. And freezing off various anatomical parts while hammering and chipping rock off a couple miles of conveyor belts.
    Jeeze, why'd I leave Florida?

14. string1946

string1946 New Member

Bring on the cold. My wood shed is full and will have 2 tons of wood pellets before cold weather sets in. Heat up some Laird's Applejack and apple juice and pour it in a big mug with a couple of cinnamon sticks and kick back.

15. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

Laird's Applejack...now you're talking, doesn't get a whole lot better than that.

16. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Apparently someone doesn't understand the difference between weather and climate.

17. Chainfire

I don't know about the too cold part....too far below 98.6 can land you on a cooling table.

18. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I live in Florida. Bitterly cold in the winter is when the daytime temps do not hit 60 deg F. Now as an old high school soccer referee, I had some games fall into the mid 30s, which in shorts is colder then a Mother in Law's kiss, but since I am not doing that anymore, I am good!

19. Chainfire

I live 250 miles North of you and we sometimes get into the 20s or below. A few times in my life it has been in the low teens for several days and it has snowed three times that I remember in the last 50 years. I spent one Winter in Chicago and I can't figure out why anyone would live in that kind of frozen Hell.

I heat with Propane gas and the dealers think it is derived by melting gold. I spend about 4 Finnish model M-39s to keep my butt from freezing in the Winter. For me perfect weather is the few weeks we get in the Spring and Fall where it is low 80s day and mid 60s night.

You Yanks can have all of the snow you desire, I have never seen anything that is more worthless. Dreaming of a White Christmas? Bullshirt! If I ever have the desire for snow, I will stick my head in the freezer until I get snot-sickles.

20. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I hear from folks who live here a lot longer then me that this was an "easy" summer temps wise,..and we had one stretch of 110 temps 12 days strait...