Farewell to Bobbyb13

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dunerunner, Feb 4, 2010.

1. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Robert Bowers, farewell and RIP my forum brother!

No one had more sense of family, a stronger lust for life, was more grounded in their convictions or more a part of this band of brothers and sisters.

You are missed.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Here! Here! BobbyB was a class act who always carried himself as a man's man with a great love of life and his family. We are all better people for having known him, and we are all saddened to hear of his passing.

RIP Robert, You will be greatly missed!

3. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

The Duck thing was epic. I never spoke with a person who had lousier luck and a great outlook about it than Bobby.

He would post that some crazy accident happened, and that he was stuck in the middle of it, and still be the most cheerful guy in the world. Alot to learn from that.

Rest in peace, Bobby.

4. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I’m privileged to have had a chance to call you friend.

Rest in Peace Bobby.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Rest in peace.

6. suprdave

suprdave New Member

I didn't know him very well, but I'm glad I met him. You will be missed Bobby.

7. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I'm deeply saddened to hear of him passing. I'd feared the worst when I couldn't get ahold of him. We'll all be a little less complete without him. R I P Bobbyb13.

8. user4

user4 New Member

Well wishes to Bobby's family. He will be missed

9. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

RIP - Sorry to hear of his passing.

10. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Bobby was a dedicated, caring, protective and unselfish family man. He had his bouts of misfortune and Karma was definitely, not to kind to him. He always seemed to defy the overwhelming odds, triumphantly bounce back, and carry on with a strong dignity of heart, purpose and will. He was not defeated by cancer, sudden illness or by mortal man, no his fate was sealed by an animal that had the same dedicated family instincts of protection, welfare and mindset, that he himself shared....but outweighed him by 800 lbs. I admired his bravery and respect his undeniable courage, he was in all aspects, a true warrior.

It was indeed an honor and a privilege to know this man, he will not be forgotten, and he will be missed. Rest In Peace, Bother.

Jack

11. markerdown

markerdown New Member

RIP Bobby....................:(..........markerdown

12. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

The battle of the duck was in full swing when I first started hanging around this forum. Since then I have followed some of his travails. I did not know him, but had the strong sense that he was a very good man. It is a shame to lose him. This is a reminder that we are all mortal beings, and any of us could be gone in a heartbeat. Just something to consider as we go through our daily lives and interact with others.

RIP Bobby, and my condolences and best wishes to his family.

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

The Duck. What a thread.

I remember right after that he had gotten a Remington 513 and needed a butt plate So I sent him one for free It was just takin up space in my ao. On the package I put Commander and Duck Rob. When he got the package he said "Dam you I spit Diet Mt. Dew all over my new truck"

I am glad to have known him and wish I could have meet him face to face and shook his hand.

14. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

This just sucks. He had such a run of bad luck the past year or two. I will always remember his positive outlook while in the midst of turmoil.

15. bkt

bkt New Member

That's really sad news and he will be missed. Thoughts and prayers are with his family. :(

16. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

He was a proud papa and a real man. The world is worse off without a man, husband and father of his caliber. He had a positive impact on everyone he knew on this forum. I can only imagine the impact of his personality and influence on those who knew him personally in life. I have no doubt he is currently residing in the Good Place. RIP Bobby.

-Skullcrusher

17. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I am truly saddened to hear of this tragic news. Bobby was a great guy and will be missed dearly by all.

Rest well Bobby and my thoughts and prayers are with your family. :(

18. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

19. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

I remember the day that the news was breaking about bobby's cow attack. I remember thinking "damn, if it was me being attacked by the cow, I don't think I'd have had the good sense to pull out my gun and shoot the effing thing. I'd be too busy trying to outrun it".

Now that I think about it, that's exactly the wrong thing to do, and Bobby acted swiftly and properly.

And to think he still had a good sense of humor and got a laugh out of his predicament is a small testament to his wonderful personality and huge optimistic heart.

Rest In Peace, Bobby. The Kingdom is one better now.

20. Last Crow

Last Crow New Member