Fanny pack Holster for my Glock19

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by mahall, Jul 13, 2013.

1. mahall

mahall New Member

Recently purchased the Glock19!! I'm thinking the only comfortable way to conceal her is with a fanny pack Holster!! Love the gun and I want to carry her most of the time but I want to be comfortable as well!! Is FPH to much of a red flag for concealment?? Or is there there other Holsters that are just as comfortable with the 19 without the big stamp on my belly that reads " I'm carrying"??

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I carry all of my handguns in an OWB holster. I carry everything from a Kahr CM9 to a 4 inch S&W 44 Mag. Some are more comfortable than others.

You may find the fanny pack more comfortable. But if you do buy one, please let us know so that someone can stop by and collect your "Man Card".

3. mahall

mahall New Member

Oh I'm not worried about my masculinity!! That's the last thing that would stop me, unless it was pink or some bright color!! Lol

4. mahall

mahall New Member

OWB would be Ideal for open carry, live in the great State of Florida, where the laws states "it's ok to carry, but don't let the law or anyone else know that you are"or something close to that. which really never made much sense to me!! But I'm looking to conceal her and be comfortable!! Maybe I can't do both ideally??

5. Rick1967

I don't open carry. I always conceal.

If I saw someone carrying a fanny pack I would automatically assume there is a gun in it...unless it was pink, and the guy was wearing a belly shirt!:D

6. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

Check out the DeSantis gun caddie. It slips onto your belt.

7. Rick1967

I would not think anything of a jogger or a bicyclist wearing a fanny pack, or maybe a hiker.

8. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't know, it could go either way.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  9. mdauben

mdauben New Member

First, I'm curious why you think a fanny pack is the only comfortable way to carry your Glock? I sometimes carry my full size Glock 17 in an IWB holster with no particular discomfort. My normal carry piece is a Glock 36 worn IWB which is similar in size to your Glock 19. With a good belt, a good holster and decent cover garment you should have no trouble carrying a Glock 19 in a belt holster. ;)

FWIW, my usual wear is a tee shirt with a lose fitting 'cover' garment over that. Either a camp/hawaiian/guayabera shirt in summer or a sweater/sweatshirt in cooler weather.

Not that I think there's anything wrong with a fanny pack. It's a great option to have especially if you are not wearing a belt (sweat pants, athletic shorts or swim trunks, for example). I just don't see where it's the *only* option.

I really think people tend to overstate this as a problem. I bet 99% of the people you meet won't give it a second though, assuming they even notice to begin with! The small number who do figure it out I say, so what? If you are legally carrying who cares if a cop or some gun nut
    notices your fanny pack is a holster? As long as its legally concealed, its all good.

Hope that helps. :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  10. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

I wear tight fitting jeans and never wear a t-shirt under a shirt, especially during hot humid summer months. I never felt comfortable with IWB holsters, but that's just me. I prefer a belt holster. On those hot sticky days having my gun pressing against my skin makes me sweat like crazy, where a fanny pack carries my G27, BHP, or Sig228 very comfortably with easy access to it. At times though I use a nylon shoulder rig for my Glock that conceals very well under my shirt, but after a while it does tend to feel a little uncomfortable. Normally during the summer I carry my NAA 32 in my pocket, which eliminates any concealment problems.

11. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

A Fanny pack hmm. to each his own I guessI lol?

12. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Uhhh... Ok

Hate to tell you folks, but the fanny pack was one if the first things my Wife made me ditch. That being said, I carry so much crap in my man bag ( iPhone, extra cords, iPad mini, eyeglasses, keys, three different sets of edged items....)that if I didn't have a dedicated pocket for my EDC it would get lost in the main part of the bag. In the cooler months when I don't have the bag I carry IWB or OWB on my right side, or if a larger piece( like when we went tO the bank and then to the title agency to put down our DP on the house) I would carry in a shoulder rig...but a man bag by no means says you have no Cubes!!:cool:

13. mdauben

mdauben New Member

A lot of people suggest buying your pants one size larger when you start carrying IWB. As far as the t-shirt/cover shirt goes, I live in the south where 90+ degrees and 90+ percent humidity is the rule during summer and it doesn't bother me. On the other hand if you're out in the sun all day or more active than not, YMMV.

Summer time (especially in the south) is often a time of compromise for concealed carriers. Wear larger and/or more clothes to cover a bigger gun or carry a smaller gun that you can hide easier in tight, light weight clothes. We all have to strike a balance that works for us. ;)

14. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

People will talk about revoking yer "man card" or fashion faux pas, let 'em talk! The measure of a man is his acceptance of responsibility, not what caliber he carries in his holster, pants or bank account! Maturity has one measure - responsibility!

Carry how you want, screw the detractors!!:cool:

15. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

I've carried concealed for well over 40 years every way thinkable. I've never purchased larger clothing to conceal my weapon and wouldn't start now, though I'm sure some do. While working plainclothes in LE I was always able to keep my weapon out of sight, as well as keeping it secured, which is very important.

My wife would never tell me how to carry like a previous poster had happen with him, so that's completely up to me. I realize things that are said about how a guy looks wearing a fanny pack. I don't question my masculinity, but if others do question theirs then I suggest not to even think of carrying in that fashion. I rarely carry that way, but when I do it's just fine.