Fanboys

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by M14sRock, Feb 13, 2011.

1. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Fanboys.

There is a lot of talk around here about how distasteful “Fanboys” are. Those effing Glock Fanboys are the worst, etc… And I agree, to a point. Some people are Fanboys, but can’t tell you why. They are annoying. But those who are able to articulate why they are Fanboys are compelling.

Lots of that Fanboy talk comes from actual Fanboys, though. Some are 1911 Fanboys, some like other guns.

The double standard of Fanboydom is pretty funny. Some of our Senior Members/Supporting Members/Moderators are the biggest Fanboys on the planet, but they will openly deride Fanboys.

Am I a Fanboy? Hell yes.

I am passionate about Glocks.
    I am passionate about 1911s.
    I am passionate about M14s/M1As.
    I am passionate about S&W revolvers.
    I am passionate about Remington shotguns.
    I am passionate about Beretta O/U shotguns.
    I am passionate about Mini 14s.
    I am passionate about AR15s.
    I am passionate about Mauser based rifles.
    I am passionate about Cold Steel knives.
    I am passionate about a great many things.

But why am I passionate about these things? Because I’ve used them all beyond the point that they should have failed, but they did not fail. I’ve watched them all do things that should not have been possible.

Every item above works. Some better than others, but all work, and I trust them all.

So if someone is a Fanboy, ask them why.

I used to think that Hi-Points were garbage. Cheap, blocky, pot metal garbage. But the Hi-Points have Fanboys. Really?

So rather than talk crap about something I knew very little about, I decided to engage some Hi-Point Fanboys. I was informed that they work, and work well for a LONG time. And that the company will replace one in an instant.

Will I ever buy a Hi-Point? Nope. But I can appreciate the passion that the Fanboys have. I know that if someone ever points a Hi-Point at me that I cannot count on it malfunctioning. That could be a very valuable lesson.

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I don't care for teh ergos but you can't deny that GLOCKS are TOUGH SOB's....

I am a GUN FANBOY. I like anything that goes bang.

3. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, I am a fanboy. I like Bayonets and Sigmas. What do you get if you combine the two?

Answer: AWESOME!!!

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

a fanboy is someone that likes something because other people do and have no reason why they like it other than someone else told them to like it.

5. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I guess I'm a Browning/Ruger/1911 fan then.

6. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I am definitely a passionate and informed "Fanboy!" Especially with some guns, but my "Fanboy" interests do not stop there.....

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I don't see Beretta Px4 storms on that list. So what are you trying to say M14's? :mad: You wanna fight about it? :p

;)

8. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Every man is a fanboy of his prefered weapon. Knife, sword, gun, club, martial art etc. A true warrior and survivor will never totally depend on one weapons platform. The largest weapon in your arsenal is stay calm and think. Much easier said than done when the SHTF. Your chances of survival will depend on your training. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. You will always be able to control your fear with enough training. That is the reason our combined armed forces are the best in the world.

9. BombDoc

BombDoc New Member

10. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

And who doesn't? :D

11. NGIB

NGIB New Member

You can be passionate about the weapons you like without being a fanboy. It's hard to describe what makes a fanboy, but being obnoxious and impolite are 2 big factors...

12. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Chevy, Ford, or Dodge?

and I have a Nissan.

What fits the bill is what counts.

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

maybe some illustrations will help define "fanboy" better

Apple/Steve "Hand"Jobs fanboy
    [​IMG]

Pokemon fanboy
    [​IMG]

then there are princess liea fangirls (not necessarily a bad thing)
    [​IMG]

transformers fanboy
    [​IMG]

14. BombDoc

BombDoc New Member

A fanboy is that turd that thinks one brand or style of something is the best in the world and everything else is crap. The ones forcing those opinions, gained through very little if any experience, on others are the real problem.

Headband fanboy!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  15. freefall

freefall New Member

I could develop into a Princess Leia fangirl fanboy.

16. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Quoted for truth!!:D

17. silentghost

silentghost New Member

Walked in to a gunshop the other day. Was LOOKING at various firearms and just so happend to be going past the Glock section of the case.

I am a 1911 man. (For now)

Guy behind the counter says to me "you've ever shoot a Glock? Oh, you need to shoot one, it'll make a believer out of you."

Make me a believer? Believer of what. That is what I would consider a fanboy.

And for those of you who have never shot a 1911, you need to ;)

18. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Ya' think ya' got enough there Doc?

19. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Bomb Doc I love the road clearing devices you are standing on.
    I dont consider myself a fanboy unless we are talking about superchargers. In that case I side with the Weiand 8-71 over all others.

Attached Files:

20. BombDoc

BombDoc New Member

That's only half of the shot. It was 40K when we were done. Those MCLCs make great donor charge.