Family Dollar Customer Shoots Robber

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by Bigcountry02, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Customer to the rescue.

http://www.local15tv.com/shared/new...ustomer-shoots-robber-5699.shtml#.UoTibBZUPjQ

Updated: Wednesday, November 13 2013, 10:57 AM CST
    UPDATE 10:30AM: Mobile Police say a customer at a Family Dollar that was being robbed shot the suspect multiple times.

Police say the suspect got into the store while employees were unloading a truck. The suspect grabbed one of the employees, forced him to the front of the store and demanded money from the register.

While holding the employee at gunpoint, police say a customer fired his weapon and hit the suspect multiple times. A second male subject was seen running from the store.

The injured suspect was taken to the hospital. Upon release, he will be charged with robbery first degree.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

multiple hits. damn fine shooting. probably saved the life of that employee as often times once the goblin gets what they want they kill the victim anyyway.

3. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Multiple hits at close range with a handgun. It served to disable the felon. In the real world handguns often result in non-fatal wounds. :)

4. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

i think the stat i heard was, in modern times....about 80% shot with a handgun survive.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Just so long as they remember to flail wildly as they fly backwards through the air.

;)

6. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

I sure would like to know what he shot him with. We know it had to be a Glock, but was it a Glock semi-auto or a Glock revolver?

7. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

the best part is that family dollar can,t fire the customer for defending himself. Like they probley would do if it was an employee that shot the robber

8. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Yea, no kidding! :rolleyes:

9. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Expect signs to be posted.

10. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

And they should read something like his - "We appreciate all of our law abiding customers, especially those that provide added security! Show your PD weapon at checkout and receive 10% off your total bill! Thank You, Family Dollar, Inc."

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  11. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep, the scumbag had robbed another business: Sounds like he was out on bail. Ardic White is in the hospital having numerous leaks repaired. i love it when a violent low life leaks.

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/mobile-county/good-samaritan-shoots-suspect-speaks

12. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

In a sane USA that is what the sign would say, but I suspect that we will see something much more negative posted.

13. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Most of the time there are only two clerks in a Family Dollar at any given time. It seems that Family Dollar would want armed clerks. Family Dollar doesn't allow employees to have a weapon on the premises. A clerk at the Family Dollar here leaves his hunting rifle at my house so he doesn't have to go back home to get his rifle. He hunts one of the better spots in the area. He doesn't want to miss a second on his stand.

14. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Did Family Dollar give him a years supply of stale "Snacks":rolleyes:

15. therukh

therukh New Member

16. Sometimes the reasons are simpler than might be. A person who receives multiple gunshot wounds is more likely to be immediately transported to an emergency room and get immediate care. If not dead on scene, they have a fair chance of survival.

Which somewhat explains the large number of people 'killed' with .22 or .25 caliber pistols. They run off, don't feel too bad and don't get care. Then die of gangrene or other infection several days later.

Back to the main theme: Good for the customer. Let's all pray he doesn't get screwed over by 'local authorities' and/or a civil suit.

17. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

There's only one fault with the article at the link. They're preaching kill shots. It is an article on how to shoot to kill, and that should never be our goal. Shoot to end the threat. Shoot to make the bad guy stop doing what he intends to do. Take your choice. They're one and the same.

The article makes us look bloodthirsty, and even though we are for the most part armed, I don't think that's the case. I just think we want to be able to move about in safety, but be ready and able to defend ourselves against the predators in our society.

18. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Same advice when I asked the question - from Axxe55.

It is the right answer and I'll never forget it. Just makes sense. But I'd hate to have someone live - then sue me.

19. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

I'm sorry but the way I was trained to end the threat usually ends up being fatal I agree that you have to choose words carefully but most everyone I know is trained to aim for center mass the largest target on a person I mean I know if it ever happens to me I'll probably go to jail for triple tapping someone just cause that was my training and some da will call that overkill and off to court I'll go

20. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

It's good to have a news outlet that reports positive uses of guns. The big 3 won't mention this unless it turns into a Zimmerman fiasco. Maybe Al and Jesse don't read nor watch Fox News. But, they probably do. At least the shooter wasn't a "honkie".