Family day

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by partdeux, Feb 18, 2012.

1. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

our youngest (19) has gone shooting a couple of times. Oldest has either been working, been scared, been sick, etc...

Today the four of us went to the club range, 5 pistols, several hundred rounds, lots of holes in paper, and what a great start to family day. Started the oldest off on my 22/45 with iron sights, moved her to the Buckmark with red dot, then on to the P22, then she got my 9mm :) Then set the kids up to do a competitive clown shoot with the two 22's. While they were cleaning up, I reinstalled the newly fixed red dot on the 22/45 and got it lined up. Everybody had a blast, mom was especially happy to have everybody doing something fun together.

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Sounds like you all had a great time.

3. vincent

vincent New Member

Way to go!!! It's a great feeling isn't it! :)

4. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

We've been under a tremendous amount of stress lately... this was a much needed break. I had seriously considered taken the shot gun I ummm "borrowed" from my FIL, but I only had one box of shells, I have never shot trap, and even more important, due to another family issue, I had to deliver some bad news to my mom who is in the hospital. Like I said, a lot of stress lately. Having my kids wanting to spend the day with us is previously unheard of.

5. vincent

vincent New Member

Well I honestly hope things start looking up for you and yours. I've found in times of stress, ANY distraction is a good distraction...IE...nutty dog, stupid videos, FTF :)D) and of course, powder therapy! Will send one up for you and hope tomorrow is a good day...:)

6. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Just nothing like having the family around. Good luck and keep those kids hooked on shooting.