fam firing the .500WE

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by yazul42, Jan 5, 2012.

1. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

The first session with the Freedom Arms 83 in .500 Wyoming Express was basically a fam fire event. The recoil from the Grizzly 370 grain factory loads at 1300fps was surprisingly manageable. The heft and balance of the piece,, along with the round butt grip frame, really kept the felt recoil at a reasonable level. The 400 and 440 grain fodder will probably not be used. I am getting dies etc. and will mostly load the 350 grain pills around 800 to 900 fps,,, plenty for me. I will keep some of the Grizzly factory stuff around for going out west, but in the eastern part of the country, the reloads will be more than ample for my usage. The revolver is the tightest fitting and feels as smooth as I remember the old Colt Pythons to be. It is of the finest quality and workmanship, Freedom Arms will have a letter sent to them expressing my views. Soon I will get down to some serious sighting in sessions,after the reloading process has been worked out and post pics as soon as my son helps me out on the techy stuff. I am extremely pleased with my first outing with the Model 83.

Good shooting,
    Jeff

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

From the one's that I've seen,Freedom Arms makes some very nice firearms.
    Glad you like it,and would like to see some pics of it.

3. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Glad you like it. Sounds like a great piece.

4. yazul42

Will work on pics tomorrow night,, my son should be around to help me. I'm not good with that stuff,of course he's young,, he is. It really is a magnificent piece,,, I feel very lucky to have found it at that reasonable of a price.

5. yazul42

Here are the pics,, not real great,, .500WE cartridge shown in comparison with a 9mm Luger.

Attached Files:

6. xdmgator

xdmgator New Member

Very nice ! I'm sure you'll get muchas pleasure from it :)