Falling man

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by string1946, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Thank you for sharing that link String1946, whomever wrote that did a beautiful job.

2. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

We should never forget what we witnessed that day. Never...

3. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

That was very saddening, tears rolled down my cheeks as I read it. :eek:

4. string1946

string1946 New Member

Unlike most of my post I didn't think anyone would enjoy it. I just don't think we should ever forget what happened that day. After the first few days after the attack the media in their wisdom decided we didn't need to see these people jumping to their death. I'm really not sure I would have the balls to jump but who knows. No offense intended. One day last week Fox News had a special about 9/11 and they showed many of the jumpers. Its hard to watch but I think it should be shown often. I still can't watch it without wet eyes and a desire to......well I'm sure I don't have to detail it. You know. God bless America and I pray it can survive the assult its going through now. Sadly I don't have much hope.

5. string1946

string1946 New Member

And you can call me just string. :D

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Hiding your age? ;)

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

String- was not enjoyed as your posts USUALLY are, but a most worthwhile post.

Thank you.

8. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

It is so hard to watch because it is real and everyone knows the outcome. Not like theres a magic cushion at the bottom to catch them like in the movies. in the 80's, I watched a handful of Airborne in Hoehenfels Germany collide and collapse canopies, stream and bounce, it wasnt pretty and I was far enough away so it wasnt graphic, I just knew the outcome was death, all of us just stood there silent.

Watching 9/11 unravel in real time was surrealistic at first, then it really sank in, people were actually jumping to a quick death to escape being cooked alive. I wont watch the "Remembrance's", I can never forget what I saw or forgive anyone associated with the cowardly act of executing innocent human beings. We kicked Alquida, Husseins, Libya and Talibans asses, gave up our most precious commodity to do it, the souls, lives and blood of our citizens who were brave enough to stand ready and were still talking about more killing to fix it all.

We need to stop killing our children dammit!

9. string1946

string1946 New Member

LOL. Nope. I'm 66 and proud of it. As the old saying goes if I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.

10. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

As Americans we are often detached from the violence the rest of the world sees daily. War does not take place in our back yard, so when it does we need to stand with both eyes open, unflinching, to ensure to the rest of the world we are clear in our actions, and this is why.

11. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Exactly the same line I posted on my Facebook page and another forum I frequent when I mentioned on my 56th birthday on Monday. ;)

12. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Just a side note- in many cases of the people that fell/ jumped, and the reactions of families that deny that was THEIR brother/mother/ son/ etc- and become quite angry when it is brought up-

1. Denial- people do not want to hold the mental image that for 10-12 seconds, the person THEY loved had fallen, KNOWING that they would die. No matter who you are, knowing that someone you loved had gone thru that period of sheer, hopeless terror.... well, that crap will give you nightmares if you dwell on it too much.

2. Religious beliefs. Disclaimer- redneck Southern Baptist here. However, the STRONG Catholic presence in NYC, coupled with strong convictions that anyone that chooses to end their own life is now eternally damned- and you will have a high percentage of vehement denial.

For all that lost friends and family in ANY way there that day- May God hold them and keep them, and grant you peace.

13. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Another excellent post in this thread :)

'both eyes open, unflinching'. Just awesum.

14. orangello

orangello New Member

Not lite reading, but very worthwhile, thank you.

How can we be sure that it was "terror"? They could have been feeling a sense of empowerment in the face of unavoidable death because they leapt forth into the void rather than wait passively to be killed.

I hope that, when I face imminent death, I am half as brave as those who boldly took on their death that day with the only real choice remaining for them, "wait for it to take me or make it my choice to take it on". I have to wonder, did any of them realize or intend the legacy they left with their dying act? Did they know that their images would have such great impact upon those who could view them, even years later, as an inspiration to "go not quietly into that dark night" as it encroached upon them? I hope they knew or now know in some way; I hope their screams were of fury or excitement or challenge or even mourning for those they left, anything but base fear of that which will eventually take us all.

Bravo to the ironic antithesis of the lemmings of this world, BRAVO!

15. AR10

AR10 New Member

The only way we can fully support the life of Falling Man, and acknowledge his death, is to understand all the ingredients in the Kool-Aid, we all drank on 9/11.

If you have a head on traffic accident on a two lane highway, how many of us are willing to walk into the center of that fatality scene and investigate why?

Some of us have mentally and physically walked into the fatality scene of 9/11 to investigate the how's and why's. Unless you do that, you end up believing the official line broadcast on the evening news.

Here is a video of Falling Man, but this documentary will not uncover the How & Why.

[ame]http://youtu.be/m3gbxJ4xUDE[/ame]