Fall Prepping Plans?

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by TLuker, Sep 3, 2012.

1. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

I was just wondering if anyone had any fall prepping plans?

For myself, I'm getting ready for hunting season. Dove season is here and deer season is next. One thing I really want to try is making some buck skin this year. And I really need to get serious about preserving meat (besides freezing). There's also going to be a really good striper (striped bass) bite next weekend. It would be nice to be able to smoke a few!

I'm also planning on trying some cool weather vegetables, cabbage in particular. :)

Anyone else?

2. downsouth

downsouth New Member

What, no greens? I'm not talking about those fancy micro greens. We talkin, mustards, turnip, collard greens. Tasty, and will stay in the patch and growing until a hard freeze. Down here in the mid-south that could be Christmas, usually before though.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012

3. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

Same here and I used to really look forward to greens in the fall. A little corn bread, tobacco sauce, and fresh greens and life is good. Unfortunately, every since I had my gail bladder removed I just can't eat greens. I might try a few again just to see if its gotten any better, but last time I tried it was pretty bad. :(

4. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Srraight to the throne huh ? yea, my gall bladder was removed also. Try eating a cup of yogart everyday. Really helps me avoid the sudden jolts.

5. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

It wasn't so much that as it was just making me feel really really sick. I just started probiotics and that's helped with everything. I'm guessing it's the bacteria in yogurt that's helped you? Who would've guessed we need bacteria?

6. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Oh we definately need bacteria, millions of them inside and out just to stay alive.