fake ccw permits

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by primer1, Aug 10, 2012.

1. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Over 600 permits in the Franklin co and surrounding counties may be invalid. Three have been arrested, one is a certified firearms instructor, who was selling signed certificates to the other two. The two then taught a shorter class than required, and sold a certificate to an undercover officer who took no class at all. The officer sold one to his sister who wasn't there for the class at all.

I can't post a link with my phone, it should be on the Columbus (ohio) dispatch site.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Are you trying to say gun control doesn't work? Interesting concept.

3. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

All permits for carrying are fake. Why do we need permits? We have the Second Amendment. Permit is just another way to say tax. So really all they are guilty of is evading an illegal tax.

4. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

There was two fellers in my class that repeatedly missed the paper completely at seven yards. I hate to say I want gun control but these guys scared the crap outta me.

5. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

I read about this yesterday.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/08/09/arrests-for-fake-ccw-documents.html

6. Brother1962

Brother1962 New Member

so, the permits are not fake.. fraudulent class certifications were used. Permits are real, just invalid due to fraud..

7. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Guys why are we playing the politicians word games? Your permit to carry is guaranteed by the Second Amendment. This so called carry permit is really a carry tax. It's a tax on your right to carry. It's an infringement.

8. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Do me a favor and come to MD with a concealed weapon and explain this to the states attorney general. Let me know how it turns out for you, I'm rooting for you.

Going to jail for years is not a "word game" to me.

9. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

After reading several of your posts Yunus, I'd say you probably voted for the douche bags that did this to your state.

10. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, that may be true, but that permit can sure keep your ass out of the back seat of a patrol car. That said, I couldn't blame you a bit if you wanted to make the argument to a judge, and I would cheer you on..........

What I like about the permit is it tends to reduce the number of unsociable folks who might be more willing to carry if they could do it without returning to prison.

11. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Fight nice gentlemen. After all, we all know it is the gun's fault. Hell, just ask any Florida newspaper.

They would take this and demand all 900K plus permits in the state be rescinded pending about a 14 year investigation.

I am glad it happened in Ohio.

12. Yunus

Yunus New Member

You would be wrong.

I will also take that response to mean you will not be speaking to any authority figures in my state while carrying concealed without a permit.

13. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

CPL instruction in MI is a joke, and now criminals are discovering for $100 a pop, they can sell falsely certified course completion certification.

Although, I really don't see the difference between the bad certification and a good certification
    bad explanations of the law - check
    fire a very limited amount of ammo down range - check
    Discuss how to carry - check

But, it's a hoop we have to go through to get our constitutionally guaranteed right.