Fair trade?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by fortinsj, Jun 24, 2013.

1. fortinsj

fortinsj New Member

I Have a Stag AR lower that my buddy is looking to buy to build an AR for his dad. We live in CT so AR's are hard to come by. I bought it last year for $125 and have no intention to do anything with it. I told him he could have it for $40 and a 440 rd spam can of mosin ammo. Does this sound like a fair trade?

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

if both parties are happy with the trade, then yes.

3. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Sounds fair to me.

4. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

If he also lives in CT you can't sell to him. He would have had to own it prior to the ban.

5. runinman

runinman New Member

You could sell it out of State. Hell I wish I was there to buy it. Especially the spam can.

6. readygirl

readygirl New Member

REALLY......Sorry to hijak your thread. Thats why they gave up at the Federal level. They are just going to take our rights state by state. How many States have fallen without even a whimper.....Dont worryAmerica, you wont feel a thing....yt64d564ee54e54ee65r756786t87y86r6845e754e574ed765df65685d684d5sd57e4sd75

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  7. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Would he have to have registered it? If not, maybe he did have it prior to the ban. ;)

8. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

He would have to have "proof" he owned it prior. Don't know about you but a spam can ain't worth time in a federal penn to me. Just my 2 cents.

Plus keep in mind it is now out there on the web, not that anyone is watching or anything

9. Axxe55

i didn't even think about the Draconian gun laws in that state. could be a huge mess to have to deal with.

i forget sometimes that i live in a state that such trades can be done with no hassle or red tape and that some other states don't. my mistake.

10. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

There is now talk of making it so you can buy only one gun per month. I really hate this place!!

Hell if I were to some how break the stock or grip on my rifle I couldn't legally buy one here in state. They added a little jewel to the new laws that say no importation of parts that could make a rifle into an "assault weapon" drives me nuts!!

11. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I understand the state must prove he has violated the law... not that he must prove his innocence.

12. Axxe55

well move on down here to Texas. we are friendly and gun friendly! :D

13. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

This is Connecticut !! They don't care what you think your rights are!! As far as the leaders of this state are concerned as long as they keep handing out the welfare checks they will get reelected.

The left controls the state pure and simple.

14. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Two short years and I am out of this hell hole!! Just waiting on the kid to finish school and I am out. Been thinking Tennessee or Wyoming. My father lives in TX and from what he has told me parts of TX are starting to think a little left. I assume he is referring to the Austin area seeing ass he lives out in Briggs.

15. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

It's not about guilty or innocent. It's about having proof of ownership prior to the ban.

I'm just saying messing around with federal/state firearm laws isn't worth 440 rounds of 7.62