Fair Trade?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by TheSadPanda, Jan 18, 2013.

1. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

I have a Remington 700pLTR that i have for sale or trade locally. I have a guy who is offering me a Beretta 92fs in fair- good condition and a S&W 686 no dash is great condition. Is this a good/fair trade?

image-3766854894.jpg

image-1662716277.jpg

image-1982965651.jpg

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Id do it then sell the berreta.

3. orangello

orangello New Member

Are you including your scope on your rifle? Is it some outstanding scope?

4. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Selling the Beretta was my first thought. No scope or rings included. Just the picatanny base and the side saddle

5. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Ok i looked at the side of the slide and i swear it says "mod. 92 compact L. 9 mm parabellum" what is this gun?!

image-2674662990.jpg

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  6. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Do you know this person??? Are the handgun without history?? I'd be careful about taking handguns in trade. If they turn out to be hot, your at least looking at receiving stolen goods. You loose everything. Because they are firearms, you'll never be able to purchase one again if the DA pursues you further. I'd be very wary.

7. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

I hve no reason to believe these guns are hot. Ive had multiple conversations with this guy and he has shared way more info than a criminal would. Plus there will be a bill of sale

8. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Bill of sale or not, you took possession. As long as your state allows the private sale of handguns, and you are 100% sure you are safe have at it. Check the Berretta for peaning on the frame between the slide and frame, Half way down from the muzzle. If you see marks, walk away.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  9. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Thank you. Peaning?

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That is a compact Beretta although I don't know their numbering system. If it's decent, it's worth more than the full size.

11. orangello

orangello New Member

If you are really nervous after meeting the seller, you could ask to run this through an FFL. Of course, that won't tell you if the firearms are stolen; for that, you would have to enlist the local police department for an investigation. If i was the seller, i wouldn't be up for that.

IMO, do the trade, sell the beretta for a nice profit in the current market, and enjoy the S&W.

12. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

What do you think an honest value is of that bet up beretta? Who knows what the barrel looks likw

13. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Check the barrel before you make the trade. Check out the 686 as well.

14. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

I will definitely be going over every inch of them. Im going to field strip the 92 and check the spring, guide rod, barrel and frame. Then gonna check the barrel, lock up, and finish on the 686

15. orangello

orangello New Member

There is a sticky here somewhere about buying a used revolver, pretty good on what should wiggle and what should not.

16. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Ok awesome. Im going to check that out for sure

17. orangello

orangello New Member

18. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member