Failed Glock torture test

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Down_Town_Dalton, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Down_Town_Dalton

Down_Town_Dalton New Member

After watching multiple videos of glock torture tests, I got the bright idea to just try my own quick little test. I was shooting at my farm when my buddy told me to bury it. So I laid the gen 3 glock 19 with a full mag of American eagle brass, nothing in the pipe on the ground and covered it in dirt. I picked it up , racked the slide and it wouldn't release. Can anyone have any ideas on why my glock petered out? Thanks in advance.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

find some brighter friends to hang out with!:eek:

seriously, dirt or debris got somewhere it shouldn't have. and also they fail to warn people of the dangers of trying to duplicate these "tests" with guns on YouTube. what if dirt or rocks had obstructed the barrel and it had blown up in your hands or face? so maybe you are lucky it didn't release.

3. Down_Town_Dalton

Well eventually it released and dumped the mag but I'm just curious of why everyone else's worked and mine didn't.

Side note: my trigger now feels like a crunching Cheeto when I pull it :(

4. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Maybe there was some Kryptonite on the farm. LOL!

5. Axxe55

i have no idea as to why. i don't go burying my firearms in dirt though.

it needs to be cleaned very carefully and then lubed. it still has dirt in it.

6. Down_Town_Dalton

I have never before this and I will never again lol

7. Down_Town_Dalton

I have to admit regardless of how stupid of a decision it what at the time, it's still very disappointing. I mean I watched these videos being new to the gun world and built this brand up like it would stand up to anything and it couldn't even handle dry dirt?

8. Axxe55

videos can be edited very easily! anyone can post YouTube videos as well. always consider the source for your information.

9. Down_Town_Dalton

I guess that's true I just feel like a kid who was just told Santa was fake ..

10. sbach311

sbach311 New Member

Santa is fake???? Aw man.......

11. Axxe55

Glocks are not the do all or end all to pistols that some would have you to believe. they can malfunction just like any other firearm.

here's some advice i learned a long time ago. if it has moving parts, it can malfunction. if it is manmade, it can malfunction.

and don't believe everything you hear about Santa!

12. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

No doubt that Glocks are reliable. Although, most of their reliability claims are based in myth.

They are not the most reliable.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  13. Down_Town_Dalton

So would my test have been passed with another firearm?

14. orangello

orangello New Member

First thought "must be defective dirt".

Sorry, but I LOL'd on that one, "cheeto CRUNCH".

Winnie the Pooh is evil too.

15. Down_Town_Dalton

It really makes my ears cringe it's that bad lol

16. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Wild guess here, dirt jammed the slide release. :D Much like any number of other mechanical devices, dirt in the internal workings is to be avoided, not added.

Special effects. You apparently didn't use any.

I would have expected a more Dorito-ish or in extreme situations, a Tostito-ish feel.

Stupid decisions often lead to disappointment. On the bright side, this is a lot less serious than say, a poorly chosen spouse.

Perhaps you should up the moisture content of your dirt?

When you decide to torture test that engine oil additive that they swear "will allow your engine to run just fine without any oil at all," be sure to post the video here.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  17. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

Why do all Glock owner have this mentality???? The dirt in the trigger will doubtless improve it.

18. Down_Town_Dalton

Can't speak for all glock owners but my defense is that I'm brand new and naive if you well and just believed what I saw and read online

19. orangello

orangello New Member

Just break it down, run it through the dishwasher (top rack), get it warm but not melty, and lube it well.

;)

(some people do use this method on BP revolvers)