Factory refurbihed Glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Ledbetter84, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

I have a lead on a gen 4 refurbished glock 22 with night sights. Comes with the factory warranty, 3 mags night sights and whatever else comes with a glock. I've never been a glock guy but I'm going into the police academy in November and want to become used to it before then. Only 429$ good deal or should I go for a used gen 3?
    Like I said I'm really new to glocks so any input would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Ledbetter

2. RogerH

RogerH New Member

Id say it was i paid 510 for stock G19 at christmas time for my wife and thought that was a good deal

3. Zodiac131911

Zodiac131911 New Member

I bought one last tax season for 470 and never had a problem with mine.

4. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

So the consensus is buy it? Any thoughts on convincing the wife? Bringing home my kimber unannounced didn't go over well.... She doesn't understand different gun, different purpose very wel.

5. Zodiac131911

Zodiac131911 New Member

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission. I still haven't figured out a better way.

6. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

I think that's how it will happen. After all, I wear the pants in my house. After I do the laundry...

7. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Just tell your wife it is an investment.

Constantly remind her how much fun she can have spending the money when she sells your guns after you have kicked the bucket. :D

8. Zodiac131911

Zodiac131911 New Member

I justified my last purchase by havering to buy and watch all the twilight series. I brought in my new handgun the next day.

9. RogerH

RogerH New Member

buy it take her to shoot it dont be shoked when she kicks your *** with it.... even if you have to fudge a little

10. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

Afraid she might use it to help me kick the bucket! But I called and put it on hold. He is gonna partial trade for my ruger mark III. I just hate cleaning that gun.

11. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

I joined GSSF (glock shooting sports foundation) for multiple years and got my discount ticket in a few weeks. I paid $425 for my G17 with three mags out the door.

12. Ledbetter84

Ledbetter84 New Member

Let me ask this, gen 3 or 4 ?i know there are the back straps that are a plus, but what about the finish, I've heard gen 3 better in that regard.

13. apowers1214

apowers1214 New Member

Mine was a gen 4. I agree with the gen 3 grips being better. I got decal sticky grips for mine they just stick right over the standard grips and works well for me. They were $10!

14. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

I went with a Gen 4 Glock a few months ago. LE pricing at that time was $399 for the gun and three mags. Night sights was a $75 upcharge. The price you report on the one you are looking at sounds fair if the gun is in good or better condition.