Factory mags...?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by rn-cindy, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Ruger

6.3%
  2. Colt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Smith & Wesson

12.5%
  4. Glock

50.0%
  5. Other

31.3%
  1. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Which gun Manufacturer has the best factory mags.

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Fer what boom stick?

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Glocks mags work well. Beretta and Sig have good factory mags when they are made in house or by Mec Gar, but have had Checkmate mags that had issues.

4. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

What new gun comes with the best factory mags...?

5. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

The only one I've never had an issue with would be Glock, even when using appropriate magazines that weren't meant for that gun. An example would be the G23 mags in a G27. The function was flawless.

I do not have any experience with S&W magazines, but I do have experience with Sig, which was not on your list. My daughter had an issue with one mag for her P238. All the other magazines for all our Sigs worked fine.

6. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Glock mags are probably the best mags from the factory.

7. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

I buy MEC-GAR mags for all my autos, except the Magpuls for my AR. I have never had any malfunction with a Mec_gar in my CZs; Springfield, etc

8. grandpubba

grandpubba Member

I'm confused, lol.

I have a s&w,Colt,kimber and an xdm, all in various sizes.

the Smith was my first"real" gun, I've fed 10,000? Round though it, only time it failed to do anything properly was when the plastic guide rod bent causing the spring not to reset properly.

The other guns i have less then 1000 rounds each only the colt has given me issues feeding or ejecting and that one might be ammo related,haven't been to a range with different ammo yet.

I'm confused because i see so many people talk about aftermarket mags and such because factory ones suck, how do they suck? How is it all of yours suck and mine seem fine?

Truly my only case of a bad mag was when i bought the kimber,i originally wanted a sig c3, an i purchased it, got it home tried to hand cycle rounds and it would not feed anything from either mag. Oddly enough both mags were branded kimber.

9. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

The German Sig mags are awesome (US ones suck) Mine are zipper mags. My USP mags have never failed me either. I trust both company's mags, because they both have helped save my life. My AR operates perfectly with magpuls.

10. G30USMC

G30USMC New Member Supporter

Glock hands down !!

11. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

IMO S&W and Springfield make the best factory handgun mags.

Magpul hands down makes the best rifle mags.

12. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

LOL! Everybody is going to list their own gun's magazines as the best. I can not wait for a Zip .22 owner to speak up! :rolleyes:

13. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

I have no idea of the best, but the factory mag in my Browning Buck Mark never fed right from the day I bought it. The aftermarket mag I bought at a gun show has fed flawlessly since I bought it. Need to get another one.

14. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Not entirely true. Lol. I didn't list my Glock mags, and I don't own an XDm.

15. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Well, God bless you for not mentioning your Glock.:D A breath of fresh air.:)

16. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Oh poop. Why you gotta hate. I own more than Glocks and I'll trash the "glockies" with the best of you but I do like their mags best. :p

17. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

There was another breath of fresh air by omission. I say was, becuase I'm going to fix that right now. I didn't b###h about the 8 Kimber mags I have that have yet to feed reliably in any 1911 I have tried them in, including that POS Kimber I had that they refunded my money on.

18. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Mec_Gar makes a lot of OEM magazines for various manufacturers btw

19. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

The Kimber 10mm mags are the only reliable 10mm 1911 mags I've used so far.

20. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Of course, I am just joking about Glock fans. I use to own a G17, so I have some license...right?:confused: