Factory 30 rd mini 14 mags

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by tri70, Aug 16, 2012.

1. tri70

tri70 New Member

I was at a local gun shop today and they have some factory 30 rd mags for my mini 14! The only bad thing is they were $45 and they did not have any 20 rnd mags! May have to get one anyway.

2. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

they are cheaper at midwayusa

3. tri70

tri70 New Member

By the time you pay for shipping, its about the same price, over $7 .

4. Tomahawk-

Tomahawk- New Member

Hoffman's has the Ruger factory 30-round mags for $30 each. I just picked up two.

5. cameronguyton

cameronguyton New Member

I think Academy has Pro-Mag 30 round mags for $20. But it has been a little while since I bought one, so they may have gone up.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

CDNN, $28.99 for 20 rounders.

7. Viking

Viking Active Member

Due to the news that Schumer and others are pushing for magazine capacity limitations Mini 14 magazines for over five rounds are getting hard to come by from local gun stores, Ruger 20 round magazines are priced from $39.95 to $60. I didn't ask if the $60 magazines were stainless steel but at that price they should be.

8. billt

billt New Member

The shooting community has a reputation for doing this to themselves, every time some politician starts talking gun control, magazine bans, name it. Forget Schumer, Feinstein, Boxer, and the rest of the anti gun, screaming liberals. There is no support what so ever on Capitol Hill for any new gun control measures. And that includes sticking it on to other bills that are less objectionable. Especially this close to an election. The tone in American has changed for the better regarding gun control. Few want it, and even fewer legislators support it. It's no win for most everybody who touches it.

9. tri70

tri70 New Member

Bad press will drive people to buy more when politicians start spouting off the ban word. AR sales have been up and high cap mags. People don't trust Wall Street or politicians anymore, we have started investing in the most trusted and valued items, guns and ammo.

10. tri70

tri70 New Member

I did pick up a 20 rd mag, Ruger factory for $26 over the weekend, the store only had 1. They are having a liquidation sale at a LGS and I was looking for anything that could be of use.

11. billt

billt New Member

I think CDNN is selling Ruger factory 20 rounders for the same price this week. I've heard of feeding issues with the Ruger 30 round Mini 14 magazines. That's why I stick to the 20 round mags.

12. Ninetheranger

Ninetheranger New Member

The Sportsmans Guide has a 3 pack of Thermold 30 round Mini-14 mags for $25, ae they any good?

13. Tomahawk-

Tomahawk- New Member

I'm far from being an expert; I've heard that Thermold are junk. I'm sad to say that I've heard that pretty much everything except Ruger factory mags are junk (jury seems to still be out on Tapco Gen II mags).

14. Ninetheranger

Ninetheranger New Member

Hmmm.

Ah well, I was looking for some higher cap mags (I still only have the 5 rounder) but the only Factory I've been able to find is 30 and it's $60.

15. Tomahawk-

Tomahawk- New Member

See my post on page 1 of this thread: Hoffman's (www.hoffgun.com) has (or did a couple weeks ago) 30-round Ruger mags for $30.

16. billt

billt New Member

Stick to Ruger factory magazines for the Mini 14. Anything else is a crap shoot as far as reliability.

17. Ninetheranger

Ninetheranger New Member

Even Tapco?

18. billt

billt New Member

Yes. Any of them. For some reason in the Ruger Mini 14, any venture away from factory magazines usually will always result in disappointment. It's less of a problem now since Ruger is selling them to the public, and the price on them has come down. Before it was not uncommon to see them selling for $50.00 to $65.00 each for 20 round models. Now you can find them priced in the twenties.

19. tri70

tri70 New Member

So of my best mags are Promag 20's.

20. Neurotic_Hapi_Snak

Neurotic_Hapi_Snak New Member

Every single mag I've tried with my Mini has been reliable, from Tapcos to Thermolds to even el cheapo Nationals.