Factories that are leaving a state for a gun friendly state

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Ez2b, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

LMT
    Lewis machine and tool company.
    Announced they are leaving the state of Illinois to go to Iowa Because of Illinois recent Second Amendment Infringement.
    Moving to Iowa.

This is a nother big gun factory that has our interest at heart.
    I'm very proud to own one of their ar builds.
    Take that Illinois

2. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Mag Pol is the other company that I know of that is doing the same thing.

Any others need mentioning that need our support lol

3. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

Now if we can get weatherby to abandon CA

4. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Good on LMT!!

:)

5. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Ruger is not up and moving but they are expanding in other states.
    And not choosing to expand at their current locations.

6. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Colt is opening a factory in Florida. Baretta is not expanding it's Maryland factory, but is building in another state. The gun factories in Connecticut are not expanding, but will slowly move elsewhere.

There are some states that are going to feel the impact of their decisions.

7. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The Liberal states like their voters depend on entitlements from the Federal Government. The loss of these companies will not bother them. They will get Obama's "Greenie Bucks" to build wind mills. This allows billions of dollars to fill the pockets of the liberal movement. When the money is all gone the Leftys will give it to the Chinese Communist.:mad:

8. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

The one sector of the economy that is showing growth and stability is the one industry these liberals want to destroy. One of the few industries that is protected by a friggin constitutional amendment. That speaks volumes to the kind of people we are dealing with here.

9. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

It's a shame that the
    New England states that fought for our freedom and the cherished rights supported by the Constitution have now abandoned the Constitution and the spirit of it. Illinois has long been a Communist dictatorship, and should never have been admitted to the Union.

10. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

Who is John Galt?

11. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

In the final analysis, I don't think that matters. Sometimes, we need to do the important things or the hard things to remind ourselves of who we are. And to remind everyone else of who we are. The rest of the world can agree or not, it doesn't really matter.

IMO, these moves are very important. Our reactions as freedom-loving gun owners are just as important. We need to go out of our way to support them....and to say why.

12. 1911love

1911love New Member

Well said Rocky! These moves are important and tell us who is REALLY on freedom's side. These companies aren't just saying they support freedom on paper. Actions speak louder than words.

13. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Ruger no longer builds anything in CT. All thats there is corp. Prescott Az. And NH are where they build.

14. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Making a firearm that cant be sold where its made is almost as ridiculous as making the greatest Mash in the world in a dry county (Jack Danials)! I will still drink my Jack (cuz I live where you can buy it) but Remington is in my "No Buy" Zone!

Im waiting to hear about Remington in Ilion NY (Bout 1/2 hour from here). Schumer got them a huge military contract last year so my guess is they will stay till the contracts done then the grandstanding will begin. Although I would certainly hate to see a thousand of my neighbors leaving the state or unemployed, thats what needs to happen unless we can undo what Andy of Albany did with the Un"safe act".

15. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 New Member

Nordex, a German turbine maker who opened a plant in Jonesboro, AR. is closing it's manufacturing and going back to Germany. I guess windmills are too cost ineffective even when made in the lowest wage state in the union. Excuse me we moved up to 48th. That must be why.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  16. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Remington, Ruger, Kimber, Colt etc. are putting up smoke screens. They are remaining in gun control states. Their capital and corporate taxes are paid where they are chartered. So they invest in a few plants in more gun friendly states? It works gun owners yell success!! when standing in quick sand. :rolleyes:

17. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I like Howard Roark better.

18. 1911love

1911love New Member

Very good point.

19. 1911love

1911love New Member

I don't understand Colt putting a factory in Texas. They just bought land in Orlando for a factory not but a year or two ago. Wonder why they want factories in two states, it would seem logistally better to have factories in one place.

20. 1911love

1911love New Member

Texaswoodworker just posted that Colt is putting a factory in Texas, now his post has disappeared???