Fact Check on aisle 12! Caller who reported man with gun at Wal-Mart may be charged

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Rex in OTZ, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Well-Known Member

Ronald Ritchie the 911 Caller who reported man with gun at Wal-Mart may be charged.
    The fellow that died was legally holding a BB gun that he picked up off the shelf of the Walmart at the time.
    Fairborn Municipal Court Judge Beth Root has just decided that there is in fact probable cause to prosecute Ronald T. Ritchie for lying to a 9-1-1 dispatcher about John Crawford (a six foot tall black man) in August of 2014. Shortly after Ritchie’s call from the Beavercreek, Ohio Walmart on Pentagon Avenue, John Crawford III was gunned down by Officer Sean Williams who entered the store armed with an AR-15 assault rifle and ready for nothing short of war, based on Ritchies lies. Crawford was shot by police in an aisle of the Beavercreek Walmart on August 5, 2014.
    He was legally holding a BB gun that he picked up off the shelf of the Walmart at the time. Nine citizens filled out affidavits — that were delivered to the court on March 25. Judge Root found in those affidavits that probable cause does exist to prosecute Ritchie for the accusation of making false alarms — a first degree misdemeanor. Affidavits questioned on whether or not there was enough to prosecute him on charges related to inducing violence, inducing panic, involuntary manslaughter and reckless homicide — all of which were dismissed as not having enough probable cause.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2016/04/911-caller-lied-john-crawford-ritchie-finally-indicted/

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...icted/&usg=AFQjCNFVZlSajO1z4L8C33urz7p_UlC6ng

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...714e86&usg=AFQjCNHcUCWDskq6hDZpjGBCMmddEJ_jBw

Attached Files:

2. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I wonder if he had anything personal against the guy, or maybe he was just racist. Maybe he was the anti gun liberal type, or just plain stupid.

This might become a very interesting case.

3. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

How about the cop??????????????:(

4. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Yeah what about the cop gunning down a kid with a BB gun ?.............

5. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

just doing his job so he could go home that night

6. woodlander

woodlander Member Supporter

I have wondered about that also. I watched the video of the incident and it certainly appeared that the officer just walked in and shot him. There was no other exchange - you know like words. The kid wasn't threatening anyone - at least it was not evident in the video.

7. Biohazard2

Biohazard2 Active Member

There are other video out that show him walking around the store carrying the gun and at the time the news said he was "shooting" at little kids in the store.

8. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Well I did my job in LE for 40+ years and went home at night (sometimes I looked like I had lost the fight, but I never did;)) that is why I am questioning his actions. To ASSUME he was justified is a bit much when we consider the circumstances/facts we have here. Short of the person who was shot making threats and actually pointing the gun at him I can't see a justification. The account in the link say he was not facing the officers when he was shot. It sounds like an over reaction by the police as well. I would like to see what the investigation found. :(

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  9. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Well-Known Member

Thats why nine citizens filled out affidavits — that were delivered to the court on March 25. Judge Root found in those affidavits that probable cause does exist to prosecute Ritchie for the accusation of making false 911 alarm.
    Of course the Black Lives matter crowd sniffed this one out, want the 911 caller Ronald Ritchie*behind bars.

10. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

That stopped being an excuse in the 1940s....

11. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

They would both have went home if he had not shot him, no matter what was reported it was up to the police officer to make a judgment. Its bad if lifting a BB gun in a shop can get you shot.

12. Biohazard2

Biohazard2 Active Member

Another view;

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XYNOTUWfHE&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

13. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Looking at the video its the police that should be charged, he was doing nothing illegal and was shot dead.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  14. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

First, air rifles are sold in the box.
    Second, it didn't look like an air rifle.
    Third, if a cop yells "drop it" you drop whatever the hell you are holding.... even if it's a slice of pizza. (Even white folk know that.)

15. SavageGuy_

SavageGuy_ Member

I agree.
    I agree again.
    I also agree with #3

16. superc

superc Member

Nonetheless at 21 seconds he picks the rifle up loose with his left hand, meaning it wasn't in a box. Not really unusual to see if you hang around Walmarts enough. He walks down the aisle, picks it up, then goes to another aisle without other people, stands in one spot, until a bullet drops him. Did any one say, drop the gun? What do the witness affidavits say about that claim?

17. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I would like to hear the 911 call. It is stated the caller told lies about what was happening in the store.

18. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

The part I have a hard time understanding is that if the gun was so "realistic" that officers couldn't tell it from an "assault rifle" then how could the same justice system blame Ritchie for not knowing the difference?

And just to set the record straight, from the very little I know about this it appears the officer messed up. Indicting Ritchie seems to be just a way to pass the blame. :(

19. CaptMidnight

CaptMidnight New Member Supporter

The Anti-Gun movement has created too much fear among the police and the public. The propaganda has conditioned the American citizens to fear about everything including firearms. There was a time when gun ownership was not something to fear. The media and public schools has caused gun phobia to exist in epidemic proportions. :(